Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Has anyone experienced .NET Runtime 2.0 Errors...

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Has anyone experienced .NET Runtime 2.0 Errors...

Apache is a web server... which is a very odd thing to run on a system that's only a file server

BitDefender is your anti-virus (I think)... make sure this isn't scanning the database files (ADF/ALF). It's not necessary and slows the system

What sort of haedware are you running on the workstations?
Highlighted

Back to my problem ;-) Sadly after upgrading to Outlook 2003 I get the same error:

"Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

Same error inside the report:

AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.5510.0 AppStamp:3f1380f0
ModName: comctl32.dll ModVer: 5.81.4968.2500 ModStamp:44ef1374
fDebug: 0 Offset: 0000c1c8

Although I did get a slightly different one upon Outlook restart but may be unrelated:

AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.5510.0 AppStamp:3f1380f0
ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.5606.0 ModStamp:3f334cce
fDebug: 0 Offset: 0007682c

An interesting thing that happens in Outlook 2003 that didn't happen in 2000 - On restart Outlook basically blames it on ACT and gives you a chance to remove the add-on.

"Outlook experienced a serious error the last time the add-in 'c:\winnt\system32\act9ext.dll' was openend. Would you like to disable this add-in? To reactivate this add-in, click Microsoft Outlook on the Help menu, and then click the Disabled Items"

This is obviously something ACT should be working with me on but alas....
Highlighted

At point point do you get the Outlook error?

Outlook will always blame the last add-in installed... no matter how long ago it was installed , no matter if the error had anything to do with it
Highlighted

Hey Mike...
As I said in a previous post - the general user population gets the error randomly. However, I've been fortunate enough to find a way to reproduce it fairly regularly which gives me the ability to know when it has been fixed.

With ACT set up in Outlook as a service

If I go into one of my inbox folders with 40 emails and tell outlook to open ALL and then after they've all opened, close all and the open ALL again - repeat this cycle until it crashes. I have know idea what role Act would be playing in that but ACT can be the only reason I would get a .NET 2.0 Runtime since Outlook 2000 doesn't own a single module written in .NET.

I was just reading a thread on Tek-Tips where you participated and it started out sounding very familiar. Unfortunately it didn't seem to resolve. Except some guy posted last saying:

"Hey There, Just ran into this my self. For me it was all about the SQL. Uninstall everything including the previous version you have on there and reinstall from THE CD! Hope it helps."

Not really a detailed solution and I think all of us have un-installed ACT at least once.

Thanks for the help Mike.

Jerry
Highlighted

Actually - to be perfectly correct - it is no longer saying .NET Runtime 2.0 Error in the event log. It has now changed to : 'Microsoft Office 11' as the source with the following details within:

The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Office 11 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: outlook.exe, 11.0.5510.0, 3f1380f0, comctl32.dll, 5.81.4968.2500, 44ef1374, 0, 0000c1c8.

I've actually gone into the ACT tab within Outlook and set it to "Do not record history" but it still crashes. The only way I can stop the crashing is to allow access to remove the add-in. Not much point in that.

-----

Here's another question. Since you are an "Evangelist" and have been working wit these guys for awhile - how do you get passed the front line tech support people? I am paying for premium support but it is a nightmare trying to talk tech-to-tech with the people I get on the phone. Is there any way to force escalation?

Thanks again for your advice
Highlighted

I'd do a detect and repair in Outlook... sounds like something ain't right there.

As to dealing with support... that varies from country to country. I can tell you it's MUCH worse outside North America - I kid you not.

Here in Australia, I finally got the local tech support person to finally escalate a bug I had been reporting to them since ACT! 7.0. I had sent it along with 15 other bugs over and over again. Still no response on the rest of the list

If I post them to US people I get instant responce, but the Australian guys just don't seem to have had any interest at all.... either in ACT! or in my comments, I'm not sure which.

At least the guys in North America are offering forums like this to their users
Highlighted

Unfortunately every single one of my support calls have gone straight to India so other than this forum, I've not experienced North American support.

Actually my best support is definitely coming from Australia!! ;-) Thanks Mike

Jerry
Highlighted

I try... actually, with the problems I have with the local office, it's only my love of using the product that has kept me supporting users in a dozen different on-line forums.

BTW: I just realised that Outlook 2000 isn't supported in ACT! 2008. Only Office 2002 and later. I think they added Office 2007 and dropped Office 2000.

This might explain the lack of knowledg by the support people (although they should have told you that)
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Hi Guys,

I am having the same error reported earlier in this threat...

EventType clr20r3, P1 actsage.exe, P2 9.1.162.0, P3 460aa3a5, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 461eee3d, P7 331e, P8 21c, P9 system.io.ioexception, P10 NIL.
But mine is coming after the message Act! 9.0 has encountered an error and needs to close. I am running Office 2003, Act! 2007, Peachtree 2007 and Winfax. Any help would be appreciated.

Wayne
Highlighted

Weller wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am having the same error reported earlier in this threat...

EventType clr20r3, P1 actsage.exe, P2 9.1.162.0, P3 460aa3a5, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 461eee3d, P7 331e, P8 21c, P9 system.io.ioexception, P10 NIL.
But mine is coming after the message Act! 9.0 has encountered an error and needs to close. I am running Office 2003, Act! 2007, Peachtree 2007 and Winfax. Any help would be appreciated.

What version of ACT! - from Help | About?
Where does the error occur - what function?
Of the fixes in this thread, which have you tried?