Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hangs at "Logon Completed"

Tuned Listener

Hangs at "Logon Completed"

Using ACT! 2012 Prem SP 1 HF 3

Whenever you launch the database, either locally, over the network, or even a remote sync copy of the database, it will hang up on the splash screen at Logon Completed. It will hang here at this point for anywhere between 10-15 seconds up to 2-3 minutes before it eventually opens the database.

The database has few custom fields, around 6k contacts, 10 or so users. It doesn't give any problems when you run a check and repair. It also happens to pretty much every computer we try it on. It also doesn't appear to be user specific since it happens to all users.

So seeing as it's definitely database specific, non-user specific, any suggestions on narrowing down and possibly resolving this issue?

Marshall Hayes
ACT! Certified Consultant
Hayes Consulting LLC
www.HayesConsultingOnline.com
Tuned Listener

Re: Hangs at "Logon Completed"

I knew I had already made a similar post but couldn't find it. Here is a link to my other post on this same issue:
http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT-Premium/VERY-slow-open-speed-after-2012-service-pack-update/td-...

It does actually seem to fix it even though this only happens with the customers database and not the demo. I suppose that makes sence. The demo has much less data to process and if the firewall is slowing it all down then its just slowing less down in the demo.
Marshall Hayes
ACT! Certified Consultant
Hayes Consulting LLC
www.HayesConsultingOnline.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Hangs at "Logon Completed"

Hello HayesConsulting,
You can view a list of the recommended program and port exceptions to add to your firewall in this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2512...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.