Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hamachi and Network Sync

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Hamachi and Network Sync

I have been reading over the posts trying to figure out how to use my network sync service over the internet. The network sync works great when using a VPN (internal address) but even though we have set our external address to forward to our internal address, the network sync will not work over the internet. We do not have Windows firewall running on the server or the computer in question.

I have seen several recommendations to use Hamachi. In terms of ACT! Network sync service, does anyone know the steps I would have to take to take to set up the Network sync service after the initial installation of Hamachi? Does it fall under the simple file sharing category? I would appreciate anyone's help on this.

I would prefer to have the port forwarding option work but I'm open to either option.  

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tmart13
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Hamachi and Network Sync

Hamachi will give you the VPN - you'd want the paid version for Network Sync as the free version requres you to be logged in on the server.

You should then be able to connect to the server via IP

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

I case anyone needs to know I'm running: ACT! by Sage Premium for Workgroups 2007 (9.0) (ST Edition) Version 9.0.1.162, Hotfix 1,

Thanks!

Solution
Accepted by topic author Tmart13
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hamachi will give you the VPN - you'd want the paid version for Network Sync as the free version requres you to be logged in on the server.

You should then be able to connect to the server via IP