Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HTML Emails

Copper Contributor

HTML Emails

I know there has been alot of talk regarding HTML emails....but can anyone please rehash for me.....I need to know....can we customize the Email default template to include embedded images  for both configurations....of OUTlook 2003 as the email client or using ACT! internal email as the client ?  I have tried both ways but the images in the email template always seem to come in as attachments......everyone else out there is using HTML....any guidance, suggestions would be appreciated....FYI...Using ACT 2006 Premium For Workgroups....Office 2003.....Thanks

Chris

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: HTML Emails

Fixed Position images for e-mail templates may not merge the graphic into the e-mail - as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/45x8h2

But seriously, for the best results I recommend you get either MergeMaster or SwiftPage to do this

Copper Contributor

If we upgraded to the newest version of ACT! would this still be an issue? or does the new ACT! resolve these issues?

Thanks

Chris 

Copper Contributor

Hi Mike....

Can you please explain what is meant by "

Note: Fixed Position images for e-mail templates may not merge the graphic into the e-mail.

Thanks
    Chris

It's a bit better because you can do stuff with Outlook directly... but still the two products I linked to are the best way

graham36 wrote:

Hi Mike....

Can you please explain what is meant by "

Note: Fixed Position images for e-mail templates may not merge the graphic into the e-mail.

Thanks
    Chris

You can position an object, such as a picture or Design Gallery object, at a specific point in a line of text and have the object move with the text. Once you do this, the object is called an inline object (inline object: A picture or other object placed within a line of text that retains it.... Objects that are not inline have an exact (fixed) position.