Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HOW CAN I TRACK WHEN CONTACT FIELD IS CHANGED FROM A to B?

Copper Contributor

HOW CAN I TRACK WHEN CONTACT FIELD IS CHANGED FROM A to B?

I have ORDERS contacts that have an ID/Status of Customer and when they haven't ordered in 2 years their ID/Status is changed to Customer-Inactive. 

Is there a way to track when a field changes from A to B? (Need to know when contact changes from Customer-Inactive to Customer) 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: HOW CAN I TRACK WHEN CONTACT FIELD IS CHANGED FROM A to B?

In Define Fields, you can set fields to Record History when they are changed
Copper Contributor

Thank you so much for getting back to me! Looking over the way I formatted my question I realize I left a very big part out - my apologies! Yes, I have history set for fields but the big thing here that I was looking for (that I totally left out of the posted question) was a way to automate being alerted or having them populated. For example, smart task, group membership based on criteria or a report I can run monthly.

Bronze Elite Contributor

You would need to add a date field next to the ID Status field for them to fill in. Now you can create a dynamic Group based on ID Status and changed date.

Copper Contributor

Thank you so much for getting back to me, that does get me that much closer to a solution!!! Only thing is I would love to have a way to do it without having to rely on somebody entering the date. 

But on that note, I am going to look in to a report that works on history with the ID/Status field changed within a time frame. 

THANK YOU!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Another possibility, although it won't notify you, is to filter the History List to the items you want ....
Bronze Elite Contributor

If you do want to use a reporting function Mike's idea of filtering in the History List is the best way of doing this, you can then export the result to Excel

Nickel Contributor

You could use our Automatic Field Calculations add-on (http://www.exponenciel.com/actaddons/actaddon.aspx?ID=111) for this. It allows you to run calculations when you change a field value. In this case, you could create a calculation that writes today's date to the secondary field when your primary field is modified.

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
Fill in PDF Forms without retyping data using Act! to PDF Forms