Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HOTFIX 4 IMPORT WIZARD FIX

Bronze Elite Contributor

HOTFIX 4 IMPORT WIZARD FIX

Can someone let me know when the promised fix will be out for the ACT to ACT import wizard in Hotfix 4. I am going mad trying import ACT databases and then having to export and then bring in the activity via an add-on which is taking a long long time.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: HOTFIX 4 IMPORT WIZARD FIX

Hello ch1p,
Hot Fix 4 is due out in the next several days, pending final testing. An announcement will be made in this forum when the hot fix is available for download.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Thanks Greig for the update.

I woud be please to beta test the fix on importing data if you want me to.

Greig, please see if Product Management can give it to the ACCs (including international) and some beta testers a few days or a week before public release. There have been some updates in the past year that have caused significant issues that would have been avoided with a week or two's delay to posting them publicly
Bronze Elite Contributor

Our release cycle sends the package to support teams to use for internal verification and hands on customer resolutions. This happens at least 48 hours prior to the public release and we wait for positive feedback before making the next steps.

I have no problem posting this for ACC's during that time frame as well. 

Managing a customer beta testing team for a hotfix is something we aren't prepared to do at this time, but will evaluate on future releases.

Not suggesting to manage a full beta ... even just making it available to the ACCs (including international) for a week or so before a public posting

Would have prevented issues like the HF2 document sort; the one that broke the UK Sage accounting link; last week's Connect update that failed on many systems ... and a few others.

Internal staff don't typically have the types of production data and systems those that the users have ... and the operating system environment is usually cleaner or freshly rebuilt between tests

The small time delay would not only save user pain and ACC frustrations, but also your own support costs and public image.

Many of the long-time ACT! users and CCs are a dedicated bunch, passionate about the product and would be a great resource for Sage if they were allowed to be :-)
Bronze Elite Contributor

I understand the value.

I will post this for consultants when we are ready to release to support.

We don't have a easy method of managing a customer beta for hotfixes but will consider that in a future release. 

Thanks, Ben ...

Only takes one CC to find one bug in one update of the types I posted above for management to see the value of this in saved support costs and making it a policy for all updates :-)

As a thought for future updates ... create a permanent forum here that volunteer users can request access to. Not like the main beta groups that are under NDA and created for a specific new version.

Post the updates there when going to the CCs and only monitor it during the beta period.

Should be a pretty low-cost solution to implement?
Bronze Elite Contributor

Sorry to be pushy but any news on the release as itis costing me time and money having to do all the activy imports via exporting the tasklist, changing the icons to activity type and re-importing to new database.