Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HELP with Scheduling / Calendar ACT! Deployment - APFW?

HELP with Scheduling / Calendar ACT! Deployment - APFW?

Hi there. I'm not looking for a step-by-step answer, if you want to just tell me what to look for I can do the footwork with just a concept, I know you guys work hard. We're running ACT! Premium 2009 V11. Here my question:

We cannot have our outside sales reps be able to see anything other than their own schedules / contacts in that schedule. Right now our Rep scheduler is actually calling each Rep at 6am and letting them know where they are going, once we have our ACT! calendar is "locked in" with who is going where. Can I deploy ACT! on the Reps laptops so that they are able to login and only see their calendar, and only the contact details for the scheduled activities? Does APFW have the ability to customize this kind of view? I was also thinking about setting up VMWARE on their laptops and creating a kind of KIOSK environment, one that pulls info for that user's (Rep's) activities. Only problem is I don't know how to do this where they are able to access ONLY the contact details of their scheduled activities. If I do this I have to make it easy for them as they are not all proficient with computers =)

Any help / advice / even just pointing me in the right direction is much appreciated (you've already helped me tremendously). I've searched for this but must've been looking in the wrong places. This is my first experience with ACT! so I'm doing what I can, thanks!. BTW if anyone can point me towards a link for documentation for APFW that would be great, I can't seem to find too much on this subject.

KM

Re: HELP with Scheduling / Calendar ACT! Deployment - APFW?

So nobody has any suggestions? It seems like it would be a more common issue for sales companies getting their leads / appointments off a dialer... even if someone could just tell me about APFW a little more, I've searched over and over, for exclusive documentation / full list of features for it, I can't find it anywhere.