Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HELP!! System IO File Not Found Exception error

HELP!! System IO File Not Found Exception error

I receive this error when trying to start ACT.  A pop up window contains the error message and completely prevents me from using the software...here is the rather lenghty message:

Global Exception
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Act.Framework, Version=13.0.401.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Act.Framework, Version=13.0.401.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa'
   at Exponenciel.HistoryWindowFix.Plugin.WinMonitor_WindowOpen(Object sender, EventOpenWindowsArgs e)
   at Exponenciel.ActWinMonitoring.OpenWindowsMonitor.TimerOpen_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Sage ACT! - 13.1.111.0
ACTExpo - 9.0.0.0
History Window Fix - 9.0.0.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: HELP!! System IO File Not Found Exception error

Hello mmartucci,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. This sounds like an issue with a couple of Exponenciel add-ons. I would remove them and see if ACT! starts. If it does, then you can try reinstalling the add-ons.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: HELP!! System IO File Not Found Exception error

Thank you for the feedback...I will give your suggestion a try.