Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HELP!!! Remote Database Synchronization Status Disabled

HELP!!! Remote Database Synchronization Status Disabled

After some digging, I noticed the remote database sync status for my sales rep is disabled. I don't know how she did it but it is DISABLED!!!

Is there a way to re-enable it?I know that the software warn the sure the action can't be done but I am curious if there is a back end way to enable it so it can be synced again.

As far as I can tell, the status was changed on the remote DB side. I have control of the server side and the remote DB sync status still is ACTIVE.

I really hope someone can help...this will save me tons of time to export data back to our main DB. Thank you for your time in advance!!!

Silver Contributor

Re: HELP!!! Remote Database Synchronization Status Disabled

You are not going to like the answer as once the sync has been turned off on the remote it cannot be turned back on again as it sets it up to be able to become a publishing database. I do think the warning is way to small and it needs a much better notice like

If you change this option you will never be able to sync back to the main database again.

Consider backing up the remote database and then restoring on the Server so you can do a database to database import.