Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HELP! Cannot find database supplemental files folder error

Accepted Solution Solved
baz
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

HELP! Cannot find database supplemental files folder error

Yesterday ACT! 2009 Premium was working fine and now I get this message!

I have a shared database on a W2K3 server and running ACT! 2009 Premium as a single user from a XP workstation. ACT! was working fine, then all of a sudden, out of the blue, I get this. I have tried all of the troubleshooting, but still no joy. Obviously all of the folder permissions and sharing permissions were ok because I was running ACT! ok yesterday. What on earth happened? 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author baz
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
baz
Copper Contributor

Re: HELP! Cannot find database supplemental files folder error

Totally bizarre, but the Share Database option had turned itself off. Selected it again and able to access the database from the workstation. The only thing that happened overnight was a database backup. Will have to check it tomorrow to make sure that the same thing does not happen again.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author baz
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
baz
Copper Contributor

Totally bizarre, but the Share Database option had turned itself off. Selected it again and able to access the database from the workstation. The only thing that happened overnight was a database backup. Will have to check it tomorrow to make sure that the same thing does not happen again.

Ok, stupid error and the DB should not do this but I had the same issue (Thank you forums and quick answers).  My only change was not a backup but some "Define field" changes . . .seemed to nix the "DB share" . . . check this first as the "sharing" of the files or folders is not the issue . . . It's ACT that's causing the trouble.

Thanks again forum posters - I'll add when ever I can help.

J