Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Groups and Subgroups Help

Groups and Subgroups Help

[ Edited ]

Hi, I am trying to remove a contact from a subgroup, let me explain:

If I have a parent group called Customers and then I have subgroup A. I want the contact as part of the Customers group and I have a created a list of contacts (using group criteria) to pull certain contacts into subgroup A. Well, I have some contacts that are going into subgroup A that shouldn't be there and I can't figure out how to get them out. When I view the groups that the contact is a member of it doesn't show subgroup A, nor the parent group, so I can't select it to remove the contact from subgroup A. How do I get that contact out of subgroup A? 

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Groups and Subgroups Help

Sounds like it's a dynamic member and you would need to change the dynamic criteria to remove them.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Well, when I go to the subgroup and click on 'add/remove contacts' it only lets me enter one criteria. When I try to do multiple criteria and then click 'preview' it keeps saying "No records were found that match the specified criteria" even though I know for a fact there are records matching the criteria I am selecting. How can I resolve this?

That sounds like a problem with the query your are setting up for the dynamic group. Irt sounds like when you add the second criteria you are doing it in a way that the resulting query excludes all contacts.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I've set up multiple criteria for a bunch of other groups with no problems. I seem to be only running into this problem in subgroups when I try to set more than on criteria. For example, if I need the subgroup to include contacts with no contact name and/or no company name and/or no email address it isn't letting me set those three criteria. Would I have to set them up in three different subgroups to sort them? I really wanted them in one subgroup.

And/Or makes no sense in a query. It's one or the other. Combinations can be made by grouping with parenthesis. That should be a fairly simple query to set up.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Entech, try using the parenthesis.  Use those and then select Preview to see if its pulling the correct records.