Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Groups and Subgroups Help

Highlighted

Groups and Subgroups Help

[ Edited ]

Hi, I am trying to remove a contact from a subgroup, let me explain:

If I have a parent group called Customers and then I have subgroup A. I want the contact as part of the Customers group and I have a created a list of contacts (using group criteria) to pull certain contacts into subgroup A. Well, I have some contacts that are going into subgroup A that shouldn't be there and I can't figure out how to get them out. When I view the groups that the contact is a member of it doesn't show subgroup A, nor the parent group, so I can't select it to remove the contact from subgroup A. How do I get that contact out of subgroup A? 

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Groups and Subgroups Help

Sounds like it's a dynamic member and you would need to change the dynamic criteria to remove them.

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
Highlighted

Well, when I go to the subgroup and click on 'add/remove contacts' it only lets me enter one criteria. When I try to do multiple criteria and then click 'preview' it keeps saying "No records were found that match the specified criteria" even though I know for a fact there are records matching the criteria I am selecting. How can I resolve this?

Highlighted

That sounds like a problem with the query your are setting up for the dynamic group. Irt sounds like when you add the second criteria you are doing it in a way that the resulting query excludes all contacts.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Highlighted

I've set up multiple criteria for a bunch of other groups with no problems. I seem to be only running into this problem in subgroups when I try to set more than on criteria. For example, if I need the subgroup to include contacts with no contact name and/or no company name and/or no email address it isn't letting me set those three criteria. Would I have to set them up in three different subgroups to sort them? I really wanted them in one subgroup.

Highlighted

And/Or makes no sense in a query. It's one or the other. Combinations can be made by grouping with parenthesis. That should be a fairly simple query to set up.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Entech, try using the parenthesis.  Use those and then select Preview to see if its pulling the correct records.