Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Groups Tab

Copper Contributor

Groups Tab

I am having a issue with ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1. We have several users that can do it just fine including myself so it seems to be pc specific issue. I even uninstalled act and reinstalled. Tried other databases still no luck. When this user goes to the groups tab to add a contact it totally locks up act. Once I close act and restart if she then goes to task bar or groups on the top to add a contact to groups it works just fine only when she tries it from the groups tab it locks up. Sqlserv.exe is running and is not using a lot of memory. Act just total locks and I have to end task on it. Went back and tried it on 4 other peoples pc's they can do it just fine and 2 of them have exactly same pc with same specs?
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Groups Tab

To determine if it is truly computer specific or possibly a bad user record: go to one of the other computers and sign into Act! with the 'problem' username and test.  Also sign onto the 'problem' pc with a working username and test. 

- If it turns out to be a problem with the username, you can create a new username for this person.  You can delete the original username and reassign the records to the new username, but just as a precaution, make sure you back up the database before these actions (File > Backup > Database).  After creating a new user, you can use the Tools > Scan for Duplicates option to combine them and move the notes/history items to the new user record.

- If it turns out to be a problem with the computer, you can see if there is a conflicting program (such as anti-virus) by restarting the computer in 'Selective Startup.  Here are instructions for Selective Startup 

Note: Ensure that all services for Act! and SQL remain 'checked'.  This is also described in the article.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Just tried that logged in as her on my pc and had no issues, logged in as me on her pc and still will not work. As far as antivirus we are all on a network and use the same antivirus. Like I said I tried it on several users pc's 6 of them were fine hers is not.
Platinum Super Contributor

So it is definitely the computer.  You'll need to try the Selective Startup now to see if there are any program conflicts (can be Anti-virus or something else).  Also, have you tested the steps using a local database (open the demo and test)?
Greg Martin
Sage