Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Groups / Companies

Copper Contributor

Groups / Companies

From what I understand, groups can't be created from companies. My task is simple. I have a yes/no field for "Active" and "Inactive". I simply want to use the Companies Detail page to display only "Active".

I know I can run a query, but the Companies List view is not practical to use for my purposes. Is there a way? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Groups / Companies

After you run the Query, you can go back to the Detail view and maintain the lookup
Copper Contributor

What do you mean by "maintain the lookup"? When I run the query, the correct results show in Company List view. When I switch to Company Detail, the complete list of companies still shows.

Where are you seeing the Company List when you switch to the Detail?

If you mean the Tree View on the left of the Detail, it will always show all the Companies. Because the Tree might not work if some of the lookup are divisions where the parent isn't in the Lookup

Going back to the List will show the Lookup

Copper Contributor

I see. So do you know a way to show only active companies? "Active" is a yes/no field in the Companies table. Thank you for your help.

Not in the Tree View.

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.