Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Group - emails

Group - emails

I am using groups to seperate my supplier and client contacts. Within some of these groups i have similar contacts, but in different countries. When i go to email certain contacts, the email button automatically selects all members of the group and throws them into the "to" box of OUTLOOK.

2 questions:

1: Is there a way of only selecting certain members of a group to email? or do i need to seperate each group by country as well?

2: When i choose to email contacts within the group, is there anyway i can opt for the addresses to be forwarded to a BCC email field in OUTLOOK?

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Group - emails

jasonleemorris wrote:

I am using groups to seperate my supplier and client contacts. Within some of these groups i have similar contacts, but in different countries. When i go to email certain contacts, the email button automatically selects all members of the group and throws them into the "to" box of OUTLOOK.

2 questions:

1: Is there a way of only selecting certain members of a group to email? or do i need to seperate each group by country as well?

2: When i choose to email contacts within the group, is there anyway i can opt for the addresses to be forwarded to a BCC email field in OUTLOOK?

This doesn't answer your question, but sometimes when you send email messages with the email addresses in BCC, the email can get caught up in spam folders.  Some spam filters only allow email when the recipient is specifically listed in the To: field.  

Also, when people on the receiving end do not see their name in the To: field, they might wonder how the message got to them.

Just something to think about. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Group - emails

What steps are you using the select the contacts?

The best way to do mass-emails is to use either MergeMaster! or SwiftPage for this - that way the emails will be personalised and you can track any that don't go or that want to opt out