Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Group Dynamic Criteria Problem

Group Dynamic Criteria Problem

Hi,

I'm having trouble capturing just the contacts I want within a group using the dynamic option.  Many of my contacts have multiple opportunities.  What I want is a group that includes contacts who have purchased Product A, but not Product B.  Note that a contact may have purchased Product A last year, and Product B last week.  Those would be listed as separate (closed) opportunities under the same contact.  

However, when I try building the dynamic group (via "edit criteria"), it includes contacts who shouldn't be there. It seems to be looking at each opportunity completely separately, rather than the entire set of opportunities for a particular contact.

Anybody know how I should approach this?

Thanks so much!

-Kathy

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Group Dynamic Criteria Problem

Depending on what you want to do with the information perhaps a scripted report using the ACT! Report Generator will be satisfactory.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Hi Graeme,

Thank you for your help.  I should have noted how I plan to use the data in my question.  I need it to send out a Swiftpage (automated emails that can be sent out by group or lookup), so I'm not sure if the ACT! Report Generator would work for that.

Thanks!

-Kathy

PS. My husband and I visited Auckland (as well as a good portion of the rest of New Zealand) in 2001 - what a gorgeous country!  

Bronze Elite Contributor

How many product combinations are there? Is it just two, A and B ? 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Platinum Elite Contributor

I don't know if this will work, but maybe try a query on the Opportunities something like:

Status = "Closed - Won" AND

Product Name = "Product A" AND

Product Name Does Not Contact "Product B"

I just don't know if lines 2 and 3 can only refer to the same opportunity ... if that doesn't work, this should:

Create one group with

Status = Closed - Won AND

Product Name = "Product A"

Then another:

Status = Closed - Won AND

Product Name = "Product B"

Then use GroupIT to create a lookup of those in the first group and exclude the 2nd when doing your email