Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Greyed out companies? ACT Premium 2011

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Greyed out companies? ACT Premium 2011

Hi,

We used to work with ACT 2007 and lots of our companies were inaccesible as their links were greyed out.

We have now upgraded to ACT premium 2011, and 3 of our 5 users continue having the same problem... Anybody can help me?

Thanks!

Angie

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Angeles
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Greyed out companies? ACT Premium 2011

Hello Angie,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. For the company records in question, open the Company record, go to the Company Info tab, and under Access Level, see if Limited Access or Private Access is selected. If so, then change to Public so all users can open the record.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Angeles
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Angie,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. For the company records in question, open the Company record, go to the Company Info tab, and under Access Level, see if Limited Access or Private Access is selected. If so, then change to Public so all users can open the record.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Is it normal for "standard users" to be unable to modify or create company links for contacts for which they are not the record manager?

I dumped a huge amount of data into the original database and so am the primary record manager as a result. Most of my users are setup as standard users...makes sense right? Well none of my standard users can modify or add company links (the company field drop down button [...] is greyed out. Can't see any settings to rectify this. Checked "define field" and the field is set to full access for all users.

If it's not normal, how do I fix it?

Help someone?!?

Hi Cmalan,

It is normal. What I have done is giving "Manager" access to those people that I know will need this kind of tools. Just go to Tools --> Manage Users and change their access level.

Regards,

Angie