Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Greyed Out BACK FORWARD arrows

Copper Contributor

Greyed Out BACK FORWARD arrows

Half of my users can use the <-- BACK and --> FORWARD buttons and for the rest of the users the icons are greyed out.  Why?

Silver Contributor

Re: Greyed Out BACK FORWARD arrows

These buttons do not work for all views?  Please verify that you are in the contact detail view (not company or groups).

Do lookup, All contacts.  Are they still greyed out?

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

Yes, I'm in the Contact view.  Tried Lookup All Contacts, still greyed out.  For other users here they work like a champ...! 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Check the version/build (in Help | About)... I seem to recall 9but can't find a reference) that this happened in one build.

Also, if Preferences set to open each view in its own window, they won't be available

[ Edited ]

Jillian,
This may be caused by the DPI setting for those machines being set higher than 96. Please see the following Knowledgebase article regarding DPI settings and ACT!:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2634...

If you change the DPI setting, you will need to reboot the machine for it to take effect.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Grieg,

I thought you'd found it...under Appearance it WAS set to Large Fonts.  Changed it back to normal.  Closed ACT.  Rebooted computer.  Opened ACT.  Same problems....

Many thanks for all the ideas...keep 'em coming.  I'll try / verify any ideas. 

Jillian

The larger DPI may have also damaged the ACT! preferences file. Follow the steps to manually rebuild this file found in the bottom of this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1477...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Greig

Would it not be a good idea to have ACT check DPI settings as part of its PreRec checks with at least a warning allowing users to reset prior to installation as I am coming up on DPI issues more in ACT 2012 than previous releases for some strange reason.   Just a thought.

ch1p,
I would rather see the issues fixed, but that it is a good interim suggestion. I would encourage you post it on the Shares Ideas board for our product managers to review. Thanks.

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

All,

Just as an FYI...while I haven't been able to rebuild the Preferences file yet, this will be the upteenth time it's been done.  Had issues early on and rebuild the file 3 times.  The final time it was rebuilt by our ACT Consultant (not in the manner documented in KB article).  I will try the rebuild again to see if it makes a difference.