Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google integration corrupts calendar view

Copper Contributor

Google integration corrupts calendar view

I have a client who twice now has had to rebuild their calendar after Google sync (no contacts, just activities). They did the rebuild on their own, so I was not able to suggest removing the metadata first. Strangely, the Task List still works. When viewing the calendar, they get the non-specific "Act has generated an error..." and Act crashes. Sync settings are 30 days ago and 1 year into future. Other settings say Act wins. The first sync works, although I don't have data on how many times they can sync before this happens. Anyone seen this behavior?

Cheryl Campbell
Denver Solutions Group
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Google integration corrupts calendar view

I have seen all sorts of weirdness with both the Outlook and Google sync ... even wiping all the activities from ACT!

This seems much worse of Google/Outlook is then sync'd to anything else (like a mobile phone or tablet) ... are the sync'ing that way?
Copper Contributor

No, just Google. It is, however, a 2006 db recently upgraded to 2012. We suspect recurring activities is the culprit.
Cheryl Campbell
Denver Solutions Group
Platinum Super Contributor

This could be due to a bad Google recurring activity(s). Try removing the recurring activities in Google before repairing and resetting the database to sync with Google.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

That sounds so easy but this client had a few hundred. They aren't happy, having to recreate all these activities. No way to tell which one (or more) is corrupt.
Cheryl Campbell
Denver Solutions Group