Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google calendar integration duplicating events

Tuned Listener

Google calendar integration duplicating events

Sage ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.0.572.0, Hot Fix 2

We are having problems with ACT 2012 duplicating calender events when it syncs with Google. Unfortuantly, the answer I can get from Sage technical support is that there is nothing we can do to stop the duplication. The tech told me that its the devices that are syncing to Google are the probelm. They are somehow confusing the sync with ACT and causing the duplication. This to me makes no sense, whats the point of having the Google sync if you can only read the information through Google's webpage.

Has anyone else had this sort of problem and received a real answer from Tech support?

Symptoms:

From testing trying to duplicate the problem I have found that it only seems to duplicate events that are schedules with more than one person or Scheduled for another person. The devices we have syncing with Google are iPad’s, iPhones, mac air, and Galazy II phone. It was set to sync every 1 hours, but I moved it back to once a day to help reduce the duplication.

Any help would be appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Google calendar integration duplicating events

It will happen very easily if using the Google sync as a means to sync to mobile phones.
Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

I've narrowed down the problem to events that are "Scheduled With" multiple people and events that are "Scheduled for"  someone else. We think it has something to do with the the Google getting confused on what to do with ACT activites that have pending invites and when it tries to sync again it sees these events as a new event not the old one.

Tuned Listener

I think we've found out why the events are duplicating. We think it has to do with invitation that are sent when you schedule an event for multiple people. Google is seeing these invitations and thinks they are another event and adds them to the calendar, the same happends over and over which causes a chain reaction of duplications.

Anyone else see anything similar?

Can you turn off invitation or set the machines to auto accept them?

Hi.  I'm running Sage ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0.  I've been using ACT for about 6 weeks now.  Google Sync does NOT work right.  It duplicates calendar events over and over and over again.  For me, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the other suggested problems (Scheduled with/for, invitations, etc.).  Even if I have an event that was entered on the Google Calendar - not scheduled with anyone - it seems to duplicate over and over and over again.  I've just disabled Sync.   Hopefully Sage will be able to come of with a working Google Sync product, including Calendar and Gmail, neither of which work well right now. 

[ Edited ]

Hello jvancleef,
Do you have the scheduling preference set to create individual activities when scheduling an activity for multiple contacts? This would be under Tools > Preferences > Calendar & Scheduling tab > Scheduling Preferences > "Create separate activities when scheduling with multiple contacts"

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hello pavman,
Are you syncing your ACT! activities with other programs as well, like Outlook or a mobile device? Syncing the ACT! calendar with more than one application can cause duplication

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I am only syncing Act with Google.  However, I am also syncing my Windows Mobile phone with Google.  Google is the one that is syncing with multipe devices, not Act.

Tuned Listener

For us ACT! is syncing the Calendars and Contacts with Google only, then the iPhonesiIPad are connecting to Google. The Contacts are syncing and not duplicating, its only the Calendars is having this problem.The "Create seperate activities when scheduling with multiple contacts" option is not checked.

From my tests, my theory is that it’s a problem with the invitations being seen by Google as a second “event”, so it adds it as a second “event” on Google which in turn syncs it as a second even back to ACT, which starts a chain reaction that duplicates over and over.

Greig, pretty sure you'll find this happens when you sync from ACT! to Google or Outlook, then sync from there to a phone

Sync'ing ACT! directly to multiple places works ... but each needs to sync to ACT!, not via Outlook or Google.