Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Maps Grayed out in Web Info TAB

Copper Contributor

Google Maps Grayed out in Web Info TAB

V16 Premium ACT! HF 2 - on two of 12 workstations, both Windows 7, the Address of the Contact Record shows properly, but the user cannot interact with the map at all. Zoom, etc. is Grayed out. 

Any clues as to why this is happening would be very appreciated.

John Wilson

Re: Google Maps Grayed out in Web Info TAB

Are all of the machines on the same version of Internet Explorer, or do the two that are experiencing the issue happen to have a different version of Internet Explorer than the rest?

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com
Copper Contributor

Hi Elise,

Thanks for the reply. 

OK, on my computer, where the TAB is working, I have Version 8 and all machines that Do Not have Version 11 work fine. I've discovered that just recently, all the windows 7 workstations have updated themselves to Version 11. Google Maps does not work on any of the WIN7 machines now. So, I'm rolling back the Version 11 to see what that does for us.

So, The only version I can apparently get back to is 10, and that returns the same results. The work around at this time is simply to Click the "Open Browser" button on the Web Info TAB Tool Bar, which does open that address in Google Maps in a new browser window, which does allow the user to interact with Google Maps normally.

We'll be satisfied with that work around till something changes.

Thanks!

One thing you can try to do with the Internet Explorer settings that has fixed a few other issues with compatability in IE 11 is add google.com to the list of sites that run in Compatibility View. This may or may not resolve the issue in Act!, but it's worth a shot

To add the site to Compatibility View mode:

1. Go into Internet Explorer and click Tools >  Compatibility view settings

2. Under Add this website: type google.com and click Add

3. Click close and test it in Act! (you may want to try restarting Act! and Internet explorer)

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Copper Contributor

Thanks Again Elise,

Tried adding google.com to compatibility view in Explorer, but no change. I relaunched both IE and ACT! after the change. Everyone does seem to be OK with clicking the "Open Browser" button to get their work done.

John Wilson

JM
Nickel Contributor

This is the first post I see about ACT 2013 Prem. 15.1.HF4 Web Info Tab no longer works with full interaction due to Google Maps changing their API to verison 2.0 and not supporting 1.x.  

Will there be any chance ACT! can come up with a HotFix ?

For now at least its works for me to clicking on Open Browser if my custom edited links for location and the other directions from point A to B works.

JM

This is a relatively new issue that has arisen, but I will check and see what information I can find out in regards to this. If I'm able to find any information, I'll come back and post it.

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
JM
Nickel Contributor

Thanks.

JM