Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Integration or Outlook Integration

Copper Contributor

Google Integration or Outlook Integration

Gentleman,

Been a long time Act user (6.0) and basically I have run into a dilemma. I do realize this is a preference question, but I am curious as to what many would recommend. 

Our office uses (just my wife and I) Act! Premium Version 17.2.217.0, Hot Fix 2, what to go to Pro, but that is for another time. Windows 8.1, Office 2010, 16GB RAM, yada yada...

My question is thus, we are using the Google Business platform for out email/calendar/contacts and Act sync with that is fine but rudimentary. Basically we enjoy that emails are auto-synced with client's accounts, but it will only handle so much data (only text, no graphics that are embedded) however, the Google sync system does duplicate emails if they are sync'd to often with Act. The calendar flat out is awful since an auto email goes out to invite people to all appointments.

We have Outlook 2010 and works well with that too. We enjoy the calendar and contact system between Act and Outlook, but the email syncing leaves much to be desired. It is all manual to a great degree.

Basically, does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how to make this work better or is it all really just preference?

Thanks,

Jon