Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Integration dilemma.

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Google Integration dilemma.

Before I begin, I'd like to point out that I'm new to Act! and tried to do some research before creating this message.

My employer is using Act! Premium Web v16 which is managed on it's own server and users log into their account exclusively from the web client.

One of them tried to sync his Gmail contacts, but without success. The web client downloads an .AOI file which can't be opened because "ACT!.Integration" doesn't exist on the computer.

Am I supposed to install Act! on his computer or can I add something in the server configuration so everyone using the web client can be affected?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mikegaum
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Google Integration dilemma.

Mike,

The integration of Google and Act! Premium for Web isn't documented very well on the Act knowledgebase.

There is a reasonably well detailed Act! Premium for Web Administrators Guide that you will find on the server where Act! Premium for Web is installed. Under C:\Act!_Premium_Web_v16\Guide. 

Perhaps it could be:

1. You need to run an  IISreset  or...

2. Try it downloading with Internet Explorer if you have been using Chrome or Firefox. 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author mikegaum
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Mike,

The integration of Google and Act! Premium for Web isn't documented very well on the Act knowledgebase.

There is a reasonably well detailed Act! Premium for Web Administrators Guide that you will find on the server where Act! Premium for Web is installed. Under C:\Act!_Premium_Web_v16\Guide. 

Perhaps it could be:

1. You need to run an  IISreset  or...

2. Try it downloading with Internet Explorer if you have been using Chrome or Firefox. 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Using Internet Explorer worked. User in question uses a Macbook so I didn't thought about it.

Thanks a lot!

HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT !!!!!!

I have been using this product for over 15 years and have never seen such an unresolved mess.

Upgraded my office so we could use the Google Calendar Synchronization feature.  It does nto wrok and they have no idea when they are going to fix it.

Does Swiftpage know what they are doing ????????????????

A partial refund is due to all users of version 17.

The issue with the calendar synchronization is due to an update that Google made to their API on November 17th, 2014. This happened after the release of Act! v17 and we have been working towards making an update to this since it happened. It has been a critical priority of ours to get this taken care of so our customers can get back to using the Google Synchronization again. It is still not fixed, however, some good news that I can tell you, is that the v17 Service Pack 1 update will have an update to the code that will resolve the issue caused by the Google's update to their API. This update should be released by the end of this month and will allow you to use the Google Calendar Synchronization.

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com
Copper Contributor

So now that ACT 17.1 is released, what has been fixed with regards to Google Sync?  I'm still having issues with it, and I'm not even using Calendar sync - just Google Contacts and Email History.  I get error in the Google Sync History list.

The issue described in the following article is what was fixed: http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38005

It might also be possible that your computer requires an update to Microsoft .NET. It's hard to say whether or not that's the case without knowing what the error message you are receiving is. 

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com
Copper Contributor

People are still reporting the fix hasn't worked for them in this thread about the entire problem of Google Cal integration:

http://community.act.com/t5/Act-Premium/Unable-to-access-google-calendar/m-p/303573#M37814

This whole issue of Swiftpage not being in front of this well documented change coming YEARS in advance by google, gives us users left out in the cold little faith of support in the future.