Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Integration Only Works or Reliable with Gmail.com Domains!

Astute Commentator

Google Integration Only Works or Reliable with Gmail.com Domains!

Just spent more than 5 hours on the phone with ACT support trying to work through Google Integration issues with ACT18 Premium, only to be told I need to use a Google account with an email address ending in 'Gmail.com'.  We converted our email hosting for our business domain over to G-Suite or Google for Work/Business (whatever you want to call it) as part of our migration to this integration... so it's incredibly disappointing to learn we'll need to regress to using XXXX@Gmail.com in order to have a CRM which integrates contacts, calendar and history with our email system.

This make no sense... to make businesses look like college students by using Gmail email addresses in an outward facing manner.  Can anyone help me make sense of this or provide an effective work around, so I can continue to use my company's domain while also being able to be efficient/effective with our CRM?

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Google Integration Only Works or Reliable with Gmail.com Domains!

Hi Sucia,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The G Suite usage scenario is currently under investigation.

I don't currently have any more information on this subject, but I will post an update when I receive an update from our Product Management team.

Astute Commentator

Thanks for the acknowledgement. I'll stay tuned to this thread for further updates.

Administrator

Hi Sucia,

We've been testing the the behavior of various Act features with a G Suite account which uses a non-gmail domain. We've found some inconsistencies with the calendar syncing feature. This has now been logged as defect Defect D-05222. Further testing and investigation is ongoing. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

All of the Google integration features in Act are intended to be compatible with G Suite (Google Apps for Business) accounts, as is stated in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28206

I'll continue to update this thread as I receive further news.

Astute Commentator

Thanks for the update. I appreciate it.

I did hear from a 2nd+ level support pro, this issue was getting worked on and may be included in a V19 update. I'm hoping it is handled sooner, and without a need for a version upgrade.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Astute Commentator

Hello Gary. I thought I'd bump this thread and see how things are coming with the G Suite testing with ACT 19.  I had been lead to believe V19 would solve this calendar issue, but I'm a bit shy to test it since the last time things got messy very quickly.  Any updates?

Administrator

Hi Sucia,

I am not aware of any changes made in the current release of v19.0 that address this Google integration issue. At the moment, the defect is currently still open and under investigation. During our testing, we were not always able to replicate the issue on all PC's. On some installations, it worked as expected.