Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Integration Impossible to Register

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Google Integration Impossible to Register

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36152 I think changing the dll file might fix the problem.

Highlighted

I followed the steps installed the hotfix that did not work.  I downloaded the dll file and put it in program files 86 Act/Actforwindows

Not the Google preferences will not open

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hmm. Replace the dll with the original. If you did not have it backed up, use WinRar and uncompressed the setup.exe in your C: drive Act folder.

When you bought the software it was owned by Sage and now Swiftpage owns it.

Try installing Act and the last hot fix in another computer and restore the database. If the Google Sync works then it's the install on that computer. If it still not working then your next step is to wait and see if a fix is released or use a third party sync like Companionlink.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I had installed or updated my database with hot fix 7 a few months ago, and it did not fix my issue, however tonight I reinstalled hotfix 7 twice and that fixed! ( I have Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 7) so do not give up.

Highlighted

Elise,

I'm having a google registration issue also.  I get the same message from google when attempting registration.  I was resistered until a few days ago when I was having synch issues.  I though I might try de-registering on the google side, then re-registering from ACT!...no luck on registering back.  I spoke to ACT! support, and they said it was NOT an ACT issue, that it may be related to a "security setting" of my companies IT dept.  Can you give me any current thoughts?

Brad

Highlighted

The issue is with ACT and Google. Google made a change and Act has not fixed the issue. I do not think they are going to fix it.

Highlighted

Is there a fix for Act 16?

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi danmaynard,

"Oh ye of little faith" - It's about to be fixed - watch this space...!

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Highlighted

Thank you for that info. I have been using Act for 16 years. Act kkep my business running smooth.

Do you have ETA? I need it so bad I was considering moveing to MS Outlook.

Highlighted

I just switched to Outlook as my calendar link for ACT!  I will give them a month or so before I drop them.