Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Integration Impossible to Register

Google Integration Impossible to Register

[ Edited ]

Using Act 2012 Premium, patched to latest Service Pack.  We want to be able to synch calendar and contacts with Google.  We presently use gmail, so we already have an account.  The problem occurs whether or not we are logged in through a web browser to gmail prior to starting the sequence of events listed below.  We use Outlook 2010 as the desktop email client.  We have made sure that Outlook sync services are NOT enabled.  We have tried rebooting the desktop and still come up with the same problem.  We have tried Answer ID 33804 (reset with Act Diag) with no change.

Here are the steps:

1) Choose Google Integration preferences  -DONE-

2) Select the ACT database that you want to integrate with Google. -DONE-

3) Click Register to give Act permission to access your Google account.

4) Do you have a Google Account? -YES-

5) We are unable to verify the name associated with this application because it runs on your computer, as opposed to on a website. We recommend you do not allow access unless you trust the application.  Click on "Allow Access"

6) HERE IS THE PROBLEM: 

You have successfully granted anonymous access to your Google Account. You can revoke access at any time under 'My Account'.

To complete the process, please provide anonymous with this verification code: eBsaZmxggL_1UXNCjhyfZpKo.

We do not have an account named anonymous, the account access needs to be email account specific, as do all Google third party authorizations.

Thus, all boxes in the "Select your Google integration preferences" area below the register button are greyed out, and we cannot continue with synch services.

Note that with Answer ID 27992, we NEVER get the screens shown in steps 7 and 8 (where I am to login through gmail.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks, Mark

Re: Google Integration Impossible to Register

Mark,

This issue is a known issue that was fixed in Sage ACT! 2013 Service Pack 1, Hot Fix 4, and Act! v16 Hot Fix 1. Unfortunately, for Sage ACT! 2012, there is no known solution to this issue.

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com
Copper Contributor

Hot Fix 7 is now available and it is supposed to fix this issue 

That is not an acceptable ANSWER !!!!! TO simply say you are not supporting a 2 year old piece of software is comtemptible !!!!

I am running act Pro 2012 ANd you answer is that you are not supporting it !!!!

I should be upgrade to 2013 free of charge !!!

Sage Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0 

I own a a 4 user licence and that is an expensive upgrade to get get a feature your box CLEARLY STATES is contained on the software that i bought !!!!!

Either fix it or I will just move one with Another CRM and never ever buy software from you guys again !!!!!!

You're correct, Google Integration is part of the software that you bought. And it did work until there were changes that were made on Google's end that caused the error to happen. It was never a matter of it not being supported, it was just at the time that I had posted my original response, there was no fix for the issue for Sage ACT! 2012. There has since been a Hotfix released to resolve the issue and you can get it here: 

http://www.act.com/support/downloads/sage-act-premium-2012/ 

Look for "Sage ACT! 2012 SP1 Hot Fix 7"

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage

Yes I have it working now but only after hours and hours of customer support on the telephone. YOu guys should keep your knowledgebase more up to date as I wouldnt have had to make the call. 

There is an article out for this error and it has been updated with the current information.

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage

I have hotfix7 and I am getting a error message when I try to register to give ACT access to my Google account.

I get verification code is incorrect.  How can I fix this?

Copper Contributor

@ Elise, do you have a link to the updated information?

No I do not. Can you give me a link?