Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Integration Deletes All ACT Calendar Entries

Accepted Solution Solved
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

Google Integration Deletes All ACT Calendar Entries

Been working on setting up Google Integration with ACT 18 and G-Suite... all was going well, then:

New events entered in Google stopped crossing over to ACT.

The combination of Integration with Google and Synchronization with my main ACT database deleted all my calendar events for my user within ACT. Luckily the events are still present in my Google calendar - however they are not syncing over to the ACT calendar.

I've tried the deleting metadata method for calendar events, and even deploying a new remote database... but this problem still lingers.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sucia
‎11-29-2016 10:11 AM
Administrator

Re: Google Integration Deletes All ACT Calendar Entries

Hi Sucia,

As you've stated in your other thread, I believe you are currently using G Suite with a custom domain for your Google services. This usage scenario is currently under investigation.

I don't currently have any more information on this subject, but I will post an update in your other thread when I receive an update from our Product Management team.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Astute Commentator

A couple of results of testing... with my now completely blank calendar, I tried creating new events then trying different series of syncs.

Looks like the second time Google Calendar Integration happens after an event is created, the integration deletes the event from ACT but leaves the event in the Google calendar.

Solution
Accepted by topic author Sucia
‎11-29-2016 10:11 AM
Administrator

Hi Sucia,

As you've stated in your other thread, I believe you are currently using G Suite with a custom domain for your Google services. This usage scenario is currently under investigation.

I don't currently have any more information on this subject, but I will post an update in your other thread when I receive an update from our Product Management team.

Astute Commentator

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the duplicate/related posts. The other post was a bit of an expansion, since the instability and incompatibility was systemic to the GSuite links. Frankly, I was just shocked that Google integration only worked with Gmail.com domains, as this seems to be very limiting. That said, I'll say tuned to the other thread for further updates.