Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Gmail setup for ACT! e-mail

Tuned Listener

Gmail setup for ACT! e-mail

How is it possible to setup Gmail POP with ACT! e-mail?

- POP3 ACT! is using SMPT: 25 and POP3: 110

- Gmail is using SMPT: 587 and POP:995  

Regards from Denmark 

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Gmail setup for ACT! e-mail

Because Act! Internet Mail requires ports 25 and 110, it is not possible to directly link Act! and Gmail.  We generally recommend setting up Outlook to access Gmail and then integrate Act! and Outlook.

For use of a port redirector, review this post: Internet Mail

Greg Martin
Sage
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello, As a former ACT! 6.0 User...who went years using my company's intranet database instead, I'm now Day Two into my Sage ACT! Pro 2013 30-Day Trial.  I've integrated my Gmail, but cannot seem to find a way to send/receive Gmail through ACT!  2013 and do not own Outlook on my Windows 8, as it was not included via my Microsoft Home & Student 2013 package, nor do I have any desire to purchase Outlook...which ACT! Pro seems to be pushing, which is a disappointment, if so.

If I'm missing something here, please post the necessary steps for me to fully utilize Gmail via ACT! Pro (without the involvement of Outlook) for me below.  Windows 8 came pre-packaged with a "Mail" program which works wonderfully with Gmail...so I would assume ACT! Pro 2013 would naturally be compatible in this day and age as well.  Thanks.

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anonymous,

If it helps we have provided a free add-on that allows you to launch a Gmail Create Message window direct from ACT!

Go to www.freeactaddons.com and download it. As you are installing with ACT! 2013, be sure to check after download that the file has not been blocked - follow the instruction highlighted in red on our website.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

gleo,

Is this the free-add on which you are referring to, (which allows me to launch a Gmail Create Message window directly from ACT!)?

• 06 October 2011

Xact Software's newest addon: Gmail button for ACT! is released. Download your copy from our Addons section.

If so, would there be any need to then also purchase Microsoft Outlook 2013, which I'd otherwise prefer not to purchase or even use?  I'm just hoping to be able to click on a contact's e-mail address, within ACT!, and have it automatically open a Gmail Create Message window from there, w/o any extra steps.

Thanks,
Anonymoususer

Bronze Elite Contributor

The Gmail button installs adjacent to the ACT! default email field in ACT! allowing you to load the email address directly to the Gmail Create Message window by pushing the Gmail button. So it is the next best thing to clicking on the email address. You do not need Outlook.

Graeme Leo

Thanks Graeme it seems to be working really well!
Bronze Elite Contributor

Great, glad we could help Smiley Happy

Graeme Leo

JHK

Hello Graeme,

I'm an ACT newbie and I'd like to be able to send an email to a group of ACT contacts.  Can I do this with your gmail add-on button?  I tried to set up an Internet Mail account in ACT Premium 2012, but even though my SMTP server is port 25 and the POP3 server is port 110, the wizard always says "cannot connect to server" for both SMTP and POP.  Any ideas would be appreciated.