Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Gmail integration

Gmail integration

I'm a relatively new user to ACT V.19, and would like to integrate my business email from my Gmail account. That's to say that I'd like to leave my messages on the gmail browser interface but be able to mail from ACT into Gmail. Is there any way connect ACT to my Gmail account to send email from ACT without receiving it into ACT. Also, I only see a POP option for receiving mail and wondered if there's an IMAP option possible.

Re: Gmail integration

[ Edited ]

Hi Bill Fester,

It would need to be setup via the Internet mail option, While certain ports are blocked it should still work with IMAP settings. If you do not want the emails to be recorded into Act! it should not be an issue. There is also an option during the setup of Internet mail to leave messages on server.

KB 22985 - How To Configure an Internet Mail Account as Your E-mail Client in Act!

There would also be the option to setup Google integration.

KB 27988 - How to set preferences for Google and Gmail Integration in Act!

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Gmail integration

Bill,

The native Act! integration with Gmail can be improved by adding a Gmail button to the layout that enables easy launching of a Create Message window directly from the Contact record view in Act!. We created a free add-on for this at www.freeactaddons.com 

Gmail Button.png

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog