Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Gmail Integration - Key Email(s)?

Accepted Solution Solved
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

Gmail Integration - Key Email(s)?

We've recently switched platforms to Gmail from Outlook, and have been looking at starting to use the Gmail Integrations within ACT.  Two questions:

1. Is this integration working well right now, or is it unstable?  Looks like a recent thread, mentioned some instability of Gmail integration with ACT.

2. Most of our contacts are couples/partners, and they all have 2 or more emails.  Which Gmail email does ACT sync with (work, home, etc.)?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sucia
‎11-11-2016 08:17 AM
Administrator

Re: Gmail Integration - Key Email(s)?

[ Edited ]

Hi Sucia,

1. Gmail integration is stable. You shouldn't run into any issues if you use it in the recommended way.
    1. Do not try syncing too frequently, this can lead to history duplication. I would suggest no more frequently than 30 mins.
    2. Do not sync both Gmail and Outlook if the same Gmail account is also set up in Outlook.
  2. In terms of contact syncing, Act can sync multiple email addresses with Google Contacts, i.e. Work and Home addresses.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sucia
‎11-11-2016 08:17 AM
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi Sucia,

1. Gmail integration is stable. You shouldn't run into any issues if you use it in the recommended way.
    1. Do not try syncing too frequently, this can lead to history duplication. I would suggest no more frequently than 30 mins.
    2. Do not sync both Gmail and Outlook if the same Gmail account is also set up in Outlook.
  2. In terms of contact syncing, Act can sync multiple email addresses with Google Contacts, i.e. Work and Home addresses.
Astute Commentator

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.