Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Gmail Act & Outlook Error 80040154

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Gmail Act & Outlook Error 80040154

I get the 80040154 error and have attempted the steps of going to the CMD but can not get to the ACT file to put in "regsvr32.exe adchronopher.dll"  I have no clue what any of this is just following steps.  But I ddi notice when I search for ACT it is under "program files (x86)" not regular program files???

I use ACT 2009, Outlook 2007, Vista 64, Gmail IMAP (gmail & outlook working just fine together)

Please help?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author micdaw09
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Gmail Act & Outlook Error 80040154

Let's do this.  Double click on My Computer and find the folder where ACT! is installed.  Should likely be C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows.

The click and drag the file called "Redemption.dll" on to the file called "regsvr32.exe".  You should get a message that DllRegisterServer in C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Redemption.dll succeeded.

That should be it.

thanks

Matthew McFadden

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

(x 86) is the Program Files for 64 bit.  Just use the browese to the act for windows folder in that location and continue with your documentation.
Nickel Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

On 64bit Windows operating systems, there are two program files folders.  One is called "Program Files" the other is called "Program Files (x86)".  The first folder is the default hosting area for native 64bit applications.  The second on is where 32bit applications are hosted.  ACT! is a 32bit application that you are hosting on a 64bit operating system, in your case, Vista.  This is why it is listed under "Program Files (x86)".

Can you please post the entire error message you are returned, as the error you mention is for a class not being registered correctly, but we will need to know which one it is in order to help with a resolution.

thanks

Message Edited by MMcFadden on 01-22-2009 01:36 PM
Matthew McFadden

Retrieving the COM class factory component with CLSID {741BEEFD-AEC0-4AFF-84AF-4F61D15F5562} Failed due to the following error: 80040154

thanks!

Nickel Elite Contributor

Check to make sure that you product install contains the file called "Redemption.dll".  The CLSID reference is for this dll and the HResult that you are returned means that the file cannot be found. 

If this file is missing, simply copy it from your source media into the ACT! program directory.  Next, open a command window, navigate to the ACT! product install folder and type "regsvr32 redemption.dll"

You should see a message that the DLL has successfully registered and you should no longer encounter this error.

thanks

Matthew McFadden

thank you... this part

"simply copy it from your source media into the ACT! program directory.  Next, open a command window, navigate to the ACT! product install folder and type "regsvr32 redemption.dll""

i don't know how to do that... I can open the command window... but when I search for key words like source media & program directory I can not find anything... and i don't know how to navigate to ACT! in the command window either

i'm sure this is easy but i'm not very good with computers...

Solution
Accepted by topic author micdaw09
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Let's do this.  Double click on My Computer and find the folder where ACT! is installed.  Should likely be C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows.

The click and drag the file called "Redemption.dll" on to the file called "regsvr32.exe".  You should get a message that DllRegisterServer in C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Redemption.dll succeeded.

That should be it.

thanks

Matthew McFadden

Awesome -- it works -- thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!