Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Giant empty spaces in stock reports?

Copper Contributor

Giant empty spaces in stock reports?

I am working with the stock opportunity reports in Act 2013 Premium. Whether I do a full lookup (Open, Closed - Won, Closed - Lost, and Inactive, for an "All" date range, and for all users) or try to drill down just to a particular record manager, the report ends up with a lot of blank white space which is wasteful and hard to read.

This is a stock report from Act, no customizing has been attempted--so what could be causing this? How do I fix it?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Giant empty spaces in stock reports?

Which report are you using? In most cases the standard report output appearance can be improved by using a lookup in advance to limit the report to the most likely records and then running the report of the current lookup. Generally the white space is caused by the inclusion of records that are processed but eliminated by the report filtering.

Additional elimination of unwanted white space would require reformatting the report template using a variety of tricks that in some cases require direct modification of the template XML code.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Re: Giant empty spaces in stock reports?

The particular one with larger white spaces (on some, not all) is the Opportunities by Contact. Now that I do a full lookup, I see that the empty spaces appear to be caused by "invisible" opportunities. For example, a particular contact had a big empty spot when I ran the report for just open opportunities. But when I do the same report but for all the statuses, I can see that he has two inactive. So the report is just making the inactive opportunities invisible when I select to show just the open ones.

Interesting, and I should be able to work around it. Thanks!