Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Getting out of Parameter and other errors over the last 2 days

Nickel Contributor

Re: Getting out of Parameter and other errors over the last 2 days

[ Edited ]

, (Just corrected name with right person intended)

After ACT opened DB started at 118MB and SQL at 451MB.
SQL Server reached 794MB in 40 min. while in Oppt doing Lookup's, Omit records in list view, jumping between Oppt & Contact Records, and deleting some Oppt Records. It's all about doing multiple lookups then omit or lookup selected.

1st try from contact list view and Detail view with 20,000 looked up out of my 76,000 did in this order but memory did not zero out and it took a few min. before Cancel stopped. Even after closing ACT! its process goes away but SQL Server Win NT 64 bit does not change in what memory it holds.
File | Export- Text Delimited |Bullet Contact Records and Current lookup | Tab and checked Yes, export names. | all fields in Map | hit finish then after 30 sec. hit Cancel.

JM

Copper Contributor

Hi Joel

Not sure if this will help - we have 6 pc's running Act!.  The 2 newest ones (purchased in the last 9 months) are the ones experiencing ' out of memory' issues.

Becky

Copper Contributor

1st screenshots of before & after File>Export>Cancel process are attached.  Laptop was rebooted at 10am and this is about 80 minutes later.  Haven't touched the ACT V19 app and Memory usage has doubled in 3 minutes.

Fritz

Act! Premium Version 19.1.63.0, Update 2

Copper Contributor

2nd before & after (File>Export>cancel) Screenshots about 90 minutes later are attached

Nickel Contributor

Copper Contributor

3rd Screenshot of Before & After File>Export>Cancel

Employee

Thank you all for your help on this. We will be implementing a solution to fix this. After that we will continue to research the leak happening in the grids to help it from leaking memory in the first place.
Copper Contributor

Do you need for me to supply more screenshots? The APP has not crashed since I've been following the File>Export.cancel process every 80-90 minutes

Employee

No, thank you again for your help on this!
Nickel Contributor

jhadfield,

Since your working an a patch I would point out during testing to keep eye on SQL Server Memory.  When it reaches 2GB and never exceeds it and ACT.exe is only few 100MB I have noticed Red X as well or ACT just hangs.  So push the imports or lookups I spoke of to quickly get to the 2GB max.

JM