Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Getting out of Parameter and other errors over the last 2 days

Copper Contributor

Re: Getting out of Parameter and other errors over the last 2 days

Hey man, are you gonna find these guys? Or, you know uh, I mean, do you got any promising uh, uh, leads?

Leads, yeah sure. I'll uh, just check with the boys down at the Crime Lab. They uh, got uh, four more detectives working on the case. They've got us working in shifts.

Copper Contributor

Every day we have users breathing down our neck. "When's this going to be fixed."

Only thing we can say to them is "We're waiting on swiftpage to fix it".

To be honest, we at the IT department of our company dread Act. There's not a single piece of software we use that gives us so much trouble, that costs us so much time than Act. We're quite honestly getting quite tired of it.

Administrator

Hi all,

I've updated the defect (D-05700) with the the info which Robert posted earlier. This will come in useful for the team working on the issue.
I don't currently have any further news or timelines to share, but I'll check in with the team later today to report the continued activity from this thread.

Hi everyone,

New forum member here.  Been following this issue since it began.  This thread was suggested by our Act consultants.

Tried Robert's suggestion and it did help a little by reducing the frequency.  But it doesn't totally eliminate the problem.  Users reported going from 6+ out of memory errors per day to 2.  But with 35+ users having this issue, it's becoming the IT departments primary concern.

We're running v18 on Windows 7 Pro PCs, with Windows Server 2012 R2 / SQL Server 2014.

Thanks,

Tom

Nickel Contributor

RoyalTom,

How many PC's running OS Win7 Pro?

Do you also have OS Windows Server(s) 2012 with ACT installed?

Do you have Win7 Pro PC's accessing ACT on a server?

In Control Panel | Programs and Features do you only see listed Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native, SQL Server 2014 (64bit or 32bit), and maybe SQL Server 2008 Setup Support files?

Here is a link at what I'm getting at.  You maybe running SQL + SP2 or higher that Windows 7 is no longer supported.

http://www.fmsinc.com/microsoftaccess/SQLServerUpsizing/express/index.html

Say you had ACT V16 which installs SQL server 2008.  Now you uninstall ACT then install V18. V18 will not remove SQL 2008, you must do that after ACT V16 is removed.  Ths way V18 can install SQL 2014.  MS$ SQL Server 2012/2014 is unstable with OS Win7-8.1.

If you have lots of PC's worth installing on fresh Win10, ACT V18 and run your tests to confirm.

JM

Copper Contributor

Just to pitch in.

We have about 35~ish PC's too, brand new PC's (Replaced all our PC's and servers on 7th of april) running windows 10. Servers running Server 2016.

No local SQL's on any PC. Shared DB on dedicated server running SQL Server 2014 Express (which came with the Act V19 installer). So basically a setup that is as clean as it can get.

Our heavy Act users are getting this error 2 to 3 times a day. Lighter users 0 to 1 time a day.

[ Edited ]

35 PCs are running Win 7 Pro. We've got a handful of Win 10 Pro and they have the same issues.  No one is running local SQL databases.

The shared Act database is running on a dedicated 2012 R2 server with SQL 2014 (not express.) Dual CPU Xeon/16 Core, 32 GB RAM. 

I really don't think this is an incompatibility issue since this setup has been running perfectly since November, 2016 from a clean install to a new server.    Our Act consultants did the install. When I asked about the issue, they stated many of their clients were seeing the same.

ACT Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Tom

So, if I call on behalf of my 35 users, is that 1 complaint or 35?

Would it be better to tell all my customers to call Swiftpage Support and report this problem directly instead to get higher visibility on this with management?

Should all of us in the first-line, supporting ACT, request each of our users call in every time they get this message so they can call 2-6 times each day to report it?  Would that be enough to get some focus on this issue?

If this isn't already the highest priority, it certainly needs to be.

Not only do we support the app for our users, but we are also the ones in a "Recommend a new product" position.  Right now, I'm researching products like Pipedrive, InfoFlo, and Freshsales.

Please, please, please get this fixed so we don't have to go through a migration.

One of our partners recommended we look at SuiteCRM.  

At least it's open source and we could debug any issues that came up. Luckily, we're already a PHP/SQL shop.

And no more licensing fees or waiting on support.

Anyone have any experience with it?  Our Act licenses are up in a few months.  

Administrator

Hi all,

I'm monitoring this thread and have been updating the product team on the spread of this issue. Please be assured we are aware and are researching the cause.

Please keep all posts in this thread on the topic of this particular issue.