Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Getting out of Parameter and other errors over the last 2 days

Employee

Re: Getting out of Parameter and other errors over the last 2 days

We also have not seen the SQL memory leaks. Your steps are to do a very large import, and to repeatedly do lookups and omits, and lookup all in contact view? Are you on SQL express or Standard? We will continue to dig on this as well.
Nickel Contributor

jhadfield,

SQL Express, running latest ACT V19 Prem.

Grant it what I do is not common but should not take too long to recreate and it may not be Red X but system import gets real slow or even locks up.  I posted while back the link to Microsoft article about the SQL 2GB limit and wonder if issue for ACT.  I would assume if there are multiple users running ACT and accessing DB on a Server not desktop, it maybe important just to check my claim.  I saw multiple posts of such customer running such office network.

JM

Nickel Elite Contributor

IMO the discussion concerning the SQL Server memory consumption is not helpful in solving the "out of memory" and is not even related to the problem.

Stick to the ACT!.exe problem.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Copper Contributor

2 Months, no solution...
Nickel Elite Contributor

I have a very peculiar observation to report:

Since May 11, 2017 the out of memory problem has vanished completely from my own live WIN 10/ACT!19.1 system where it used to occur about twice a day.

ACT! is now even “releasing” RAM from time to time so that my ACT!.exe process cannot be “caught “ anymore with high RAM consumption at all.

I have not changed anything, except that a few Windows updates that happened in between:

AS_recent_windows-updates (Small).jpg

Unfortunately I do not “see” any update in this list where the description of the contents would give any indication which update is “responsible” for a prospective fix!

So I find my worst assumptions I had when the problem came up verified: ACT! was just the victim, not the cause.

Other customers heavily afflicted by that problem have also not called in again since about 2 weeks.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I'm happy to report that with the release of Act! v19.2, we have implemented a fix for this issue.

The update can be downloaded from the Download Center.

We've updated the Knowledgebase article 38705: Error: "Out of memory" when using Act!, and a red X inside a white box is visible across various are...

Please read the article to understand what change has been made, and to learn about how you can further configure the software to further address the issue should it continue to occur.

This fix currently only applies to v19.2 (and later). We will soon be providing updates to v19.0 and v19.1, and will also create update patches for our v18.X customers. As always, we recommend you take advantage of an Act! subscription to ensure you receive the latest software updates.

Thank you all for your very helpful contributions to this thread, both in the form of reporting the issue in detail, and troubleshooting the errors with us. We really appreciate your patience on this.

Copper Contributor

Upgraded to Premium V19.2....  Hope the issue is resolved.  Anyone else updating, be patient, the update took 10-13 minutes. I called Support to ask if an issue was going on and then a pop-up appeared alerting me of a Web API which needed updating.  Works fine right now

Nickel Elite Contributor

@Gary W are there any plans to release a fix for any v18 builds?  We have a large client on 18.2 who had been experiencing this, the problem went away based on some of the suggested fixes that were implemented, and now they are experiencing it again as of yesterday.  I'd like to get them upgraded to v19 but they want to be sure we're considering all options.

-----------
Marshall Knapp
AspenTech CRM
Act! Certified Consultants & Premier Trainers
Swiftpage Business Partner - Platinum Level
866-880-4ACT (4228)
www.aspen-tech.com
Employee

This was addressed in 18.2 Update 6.  It can be found here:

http://cdn.updates.swiftpage.act.com/updates/18.2/act1820update6.exe

Nickel Elite Contributor

If that's the case it's not noted here: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36573/. I do see there is a manual workaround here: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38705
-----------
Marshall Knapp
AspenTech CRM
Act! Certified Consultants & Premier Trainers
Swiftpage Business Partner - Platinum Level
866-880-4ACT (4228)
www.aspen-tech.com