Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Getting out of Parameter and other errors over the last 2 days

Copper Contributor

Getting out of Parameter and other errors over the last 2 days

[ Edited ]

Act has been locking up and taking MS Word with it. Sometimes slows down, sometimes locks up and I see an outsized X in the Notes section and I'm unable to use Act.  Need to close it and restart. Sometimes restart the laptop.

Act! Premium Version 19.0.147.0, Update 3

HP laptop

Win 10

Administrator

Re: Getting out of Parameter and other errors over the last 2 days

Hi fritzjurg,

Please could you send us some more detail about the errors, specifically the exact wording of the error messages, or some screenshots of them occurring?
It would also be worth updating your version of Act! to v19.1 to see if this affects the issue. The update download can be found here: https://www.act.com/resources/downloads
Copper Contributor

I updated and am starting to use the application.  Will share screenshots & details of any similar issues.  The app would either lock-up, I'd lose moving around fields by Tab, Notes section would have an enlarged X (I could see the notes on the right side, full screen but not on the left side. 

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Thanks fritzjurg,

Let us know if the error recurs now that you've updated.

Please tell us exactly what you're doing if the error occurs. Steps leading up the error are very useful for troubleshooting.

Copper Contributor

after deleting a person from the database, got an Out of memory, Line 1 error.  Only function lost was ability to use Tab button to change fields

Now:

Act! Premium Version 19.1.63.0

Administrator

Did you have the Web Info tab open when this error occurred?
If so, this is a known issue that can occur when viewing multiple contacts LinkedIn pages.
Copper Contributor

No, Notes was open.  I never use Web Tab. Can I disable or delete it? I see no value in it yet

Administrator

You can hide the Web Info tab in the Layout Designer if you wish. Click on Tools > Design Layouts > Contact > Edit > Tabs.

Regarding the Out of memory error, how often does this error occur? How much memory do you see Act! using in the Windows Task Manager when this error occurs? How much free memory do you have at this time?

Do you frequently copy and paste formatted text which may contain images into a new note or history entry in Act! (i.e from a received email)?

Do you have any other users of your database also experiencing this issue?
Copper Contributor

Strangely enough we have also started getting the exact same Parameter not valid error, on the history tab. Also started a few days ago. We have 30 users and the error seems to be popping up randomly.

Frequency seems to be random. Some users don't seem to get it at all, others get it once a day, others several times. Result of the error seems to be either a red cross through the history grid, or a completely blank history grid that shows no data, no lines, nothing, but you can click on it and it'll show the content of the item you just clicked (which is invisible due to the completely blank grid) in the preview window on the right.

Restarting Act fixes it, at least until the error pops up again.

We had made no changes to Act, no fields added, no plugins added or changed, no layout changes at all for a very long time and this error started appearing pretty much out of the blue.

Administrator

Hi EUROPOWERGenerators,

Thanks for posting this information. I'm going to request some further investigation of this issue on our end.
I'll post again if I have any additional questions or information to share.