Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Getting ERROR: Error loading type library /DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY))

Copper Contributor

Getting ERROR: Error loading type library /DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY))

My IT guy Just uninstalled and reinstalled ACT - dont know exaclty what he did, but now when I open, forward, reply - ie any action taken on an outlook message causes this error message to appear - I can "OK" and continue to use but obviously something is not right.  Any help is appreiciated.

Brett

Copper Contributor

Re: Getting ERROR: Error loading type library /DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY))

As a follow up to this, when I remove Word as my email editor I do not get the problem.  However, I did not have this problem prior to the ACT reinstall and word was my editor.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Getting ERROR: Error loading type library /DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY))

bretts,

Is it possible for you to give the complete error message displayed and possibly a screenshot of the error you are seeing for further evaluation?

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Copper Contributor

I posted the complete and exact syntax of the error dialog as the subject to my original message, but I pasted it below:

I don't know how to insert the image - I can't insert it as a url.

Copper Contributor

happy to email you a .jpg of the error dialog if you give me an email address
Nickel Elite Contributor

What version of ACT! are we dealing with (via Help|About) ?

What operating system and service pack level, also is it 32bit or 64bit?

What version of Office including service pack level?

Is the machine completely up to date with all critical and recommended updates from Microsoft including Office updates?

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Copper Contributor

Act 11

32 bit XP SP3

Office 2003 SP 3

everythign is up to date.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Can you invoke Help|About in ACT! and tell me the full version information?  It will be useful to know in an attempt to replicate the issue in search of a solution.

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Copper Contributor

ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 2  (also got the same issue with Ver 9 before updgrading)

Windows: Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

Outlook:  2003 11.8217.8221 SP3

Word:  2003 11.8307.8221 SP3

Again - this is only an issue when WORD is selected as email editor.  When it is deselected, error does not occur.

Nickel Contributor

Hi,

These are the steps that I used to fix a similar problem to yours.

The Problem

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.ApplicationClass' to When writing a letter via ACT! I get the following error.
interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00020970-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)).

To Fix it

1) Search for the ID 00020970-0000-0000-C000-000000000046 in the registry.
2) Expand the classID and click on TypeLib
3) this will then hold another key, copy this
4) Type the letter T and then look for TypeLib ([HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib)
5) Click Ctrl + F to find the second ID in this section
6) Export the key before making changes.
7) expand this ID and look for multiple versions. Expand the version for the Office application and open the O entry.
8) click on the folder Win32 and look at the file location ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\MSWORD.OLB")
9) delete this entry as it will be re-created when you create a letter via ACT!.

I also had a problem where Office 2007 was installed originally on the machine but then removed and Office 2003 installed then ACT!. To get around this you had to get rid of everything in the registry to do with office 2007.

Hope this helps

Chris