Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Get Act contacts onto iphone but keep seperate from my contacts on my phone already?

Tuned Listener

Get Act contacts onto iphone but keep seperate from my contacts on my phone already?

I need a way to get the contacts from ACT into my iphone.  I've read about companion link but it sounds like that is just gonna transfer everything to my contacts.  I want my contacts(friends, relatives) to stay seperate from ACT contacts. 

Is there any app on the iphone that will be like a seperate contact app, that can be used just like the normal iphone contact app, meaning i choose a contact touch the number and it calls.  

This app would have to be able to recieve the companion link sync though, so i'm not sure if that is possible.

Anyone with a similar problem have a solution?  

Summary:  I want be able to sync act contacts to my iphone but keep them seperate from my contacts on my phone already.  Is this possible?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Get Act contacts onto iphone but keep seperate from my contacts on my phone already?

Copper Contributor

Re: Get Act contacts onto iphone but keep seperate from my contacts on my phone already?

[ Edited ]

meccaho -

CompanionLink also allows you to filter personal contacts from the synchronization, so that you can keep your iPhone contacts from synchronizing back into ACT!. Since iPhone doesn't support contact categorization on the device, the trick is to use Outlook to manage this part of the sync. Here is what you'll need to do:

1. Synchronize your iPhone with Outlook.
2. In Outlook, place your iPhone contacts in the Personal category.
3. Configure CompanionLink to synchronize ACT! with your iPhone (via Outlook). When configuring CompanionLink, make sure to select the option to not synchronize the personal category.
4. Synchronize using CompanionLink.

At this point, your synchronization will add ACT! contacts to your iPhone, but your iPhone contacts will not get added back into ACT!. New contacts created on iPhone will sync to ACT! by default, unless you mark them as Personal in Outlook prior to synchronizing with ACT!.

You can do this with CompanionLink Express

[Edit: Advertising content removed. Provide link to product site for details]

Message Edited by ghollister on 04-12-2010 02:30 PM