Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

GMail sync is duplicating messages

Re: GMail sync is duplicating messages

Hello

Is there a solution in the works?  Manual Sync defeats the purpose of the feature as does the continuous duplication.

Disappointed again by an advertise feature that does not work in ACT!

Maybe 2013 or 2014?

Thank you,

Jeff

Platinum Elite Contributor

Jeff,
We are currently looking into this. Basically the issue is that if you are using scheduled syncs and and the next sync starts before the previous sync is not yet complete, then the syncs overlap and message histories will be duplicated. The workaround is to schedule your automatic syncs father apart. We will provide an update when more information is available.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

[ Edited ]

Hmmm... I've owned Act for only a few weeks.  And it seems that NONE OF THE GOOGLE INTEGRATIONS WORK RIGHT!!!!

Already I've discovered the Act email client isn't compatible with Gmail's POP interface because there is no way to change the PORT number of gmail's pop server, which is non-standard.  A "workaround" was suggested by your support staff.   But it doesn't work.

Then I discovered the Google Calendar sync duplicates entries over and over and over again.  The only current solution seems to be disabling it.

Now I find my Gmail sync emails are duplicating over and over.  Yes, I've read this discussion.  I've reduced the syncs down to just a few times a day instead of every 10 minutes.  But still duplicating.  Yet another feature does not work.

This doesn't even touch upon the regular Sage Act application (non-google) sync issues I'm having.  Yet another workaround.  That's 4 major 'workarounds' that I'm being asked to swollow now.  Seems like my work day is filling up with Sage Act work arounds.

Would it be possible for someone at Sage to pay for the add on that deletes duplicate entries?  I have almost 1500 contacts imported, many riddled with multiple multiple duplicate duplicate erroneously attached gmail emails.  Does anyone know if the duplicate remover works right? 

Seems that Sage Act Google integration is little more than old fashioned vaper ware... a 'beta test' releaed to the public at best.  Very disappointing to say the least.  BUYER BEWARE: If you're buying Sage Act Premium 2012 for Google integration, it's a work in progress. 

Sage Act Premium 2012 Review:  GOOGLE INTEGRATION DOES NOT WORK!!!!

I've changed my google record history to once per day at 5pm after I leave work. I'm still getting duplicate messages in my history. Please help.

Right... Sage's vapor ware still doesn't work, nearly a year later.  They never fixed it, and you see they never responded to my last message from January with a real permenant solution that works.  In fact, it keeps crashing.  We actually gave up on the Google integration about 7 months ago.  And yet they keep trying to get us to buy the 2013 version.  Why would someone buy a new version when they were misleading about the last version?  I think they owe me a full refund for the 2012 version.  I guess it's easier for Sage to ignore complaints from the few when the masses don't seem to care and keep buying their products.  Good luck with your Google integration.

I have had all the same issues, but finally after a bit of tinkering and a few LONG phone calls that amount to nothing, everything works fine.

Duplication of history:

My emails only record history at 10:00 & 16:00. I think that both Act and gmail have to be logged into for this to work!! But even though I get a lot of emails, there is no more duplicaiton.

Emailing Customers from Act:

Act email client is rubbish anyway!! Most emails i send through gmail or use swiftpage (At extra cost) for all standard e-mails. Swiftpage can pull information from act fields, including custom fields. 

Smart Task:

Dont waste your time even trying to make them work, like everything else in Act that should happen automatically they dont work! You end up running them manually. You have to have swiftpage for any smart tasks to include e-mails as well.

Deleting Duplicate entries: 

Do you really want to pay for something that could possibly go horribly wrong. If act is envolved you can assume that it wont work as advertised!!  We have over 8k contacts, when I go into a record I am painfully deleting the duplicates as and when i stuble across them.

Did yet another tech support call regarding this with V16 ACT and gmail. Bottom line, is we avoid the use of Outlook, which is mostly crap. It's important to keep outlook integration complete turned off, including it being an add-in with Outlook. We use gmail and had major problems with duplication. As most here know, gmail integration is a farce, er excuse me a work around ;-)  The guys in tech support don't have much more to offer on this subject and we can only help that an email marketing company that owns ACT will improve the email functionality of their flagship product. Ya think?

Highlighted

As long as people keep buying their product, why should they do anything? ha  it's been YEARS since they've CLAIMED to have google apps support... and it's STILL vaporware....errrr... a workaround.  Yeah, but they keep selling ACT, and well, we keep buying it.

Bronze Elite Contributor

We don't claim to have all the answers for smooth Gmail integration but we have a free add-on available www.freeactadons.com, The Gmail button provides a convenient way to initiate sending Gmail from Act!.

If you want to disconnect entirely from Outlook we have Smart Inbox a paid for add-on that gives you independence of device and email client for attaching email to Act!, refer: Smart Inbox

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog