Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

GM to ACT 10 Premium Conversion: Email question

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

GM to ACT 10 Premium Conversion: Email question

New to GM and ACT!. Have a client transitioning to ACT!. Using MigrateAdmin 2008 R2.

It works, and I get a functioning database. When I configure Internet email on the PCs, there is no email. 

How does the migrated email get connected to the user email account?

After I configured Internet Email on the PC, I did not expect to see the Email folder structure from GM, but I did expect to see all of the email messages in the ACT! message store. 

I guess the question is; where does MigrateAdmin put the email for a user account?

Also, there are semi-duplicate contact records, that have incorrectly been assigned to the MyRecord. Is it possible to reassign the MyRecord pointer to another contact record?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author pglcc
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: GM to ACT 10 Premium Conversion: Email question

All Replies

According to ASDS Computer:

Goldmine uses a proprietary email system that MigrateAdmin is not able to extract data from. Therefore, email can not be migrated into ACT!.

NOTE: If you have "Attached" email in Goldmine to a record in Goldmine, these emails will be brought over into ACT! as an attachment. However, it must be an attached email in Goldmine and not emails in the Goldmine email system.

Copper Elite Contributor

I'm not sure that's true, Mike. GoldMine stores email in a MAILBOX table and the bodies of these emails are in RFC822 format. The field is even named RFC822.

As a long, long term GoldMine partner, we have written our own email converter and it wasn't that difficult at all. I spoke with ASDS last year at Insights and thought that they could do email as well. But if they say they can't...

GoldMine does have a tendency to collect a lot of unlinked messages. It puts all inbound messages into the table, even if the associated contact record does not exist. These emails have a null ACCOUNTNO field and maybe those are going to the MyRecord. They are usually spam. We skip them.

Geoff

Geoffrey B. Boulden
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Buffalo, NY
ACT!
SageCRM
GoldMine
SQL Certifications
Solution
Accepted by topic author pglcc
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM