Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

From Contact List View - Duplicating A Contact Fails

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

From Contact List View - Duplicating A Contact Fails

Recently Act Premium version 18.0 I open to list view and when I go to Contacts / New Contact - it remains in listview.   It used to pop the contact window open.  Any ideas where the setting is for this please?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author shari@sfadvance.com
‎06-14-2017 02:19 PM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: From Contact List View - New A Contact Fails

The answer was found it was under tools/preferences /startup.   Apparently the startup perference was changed. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Re: From Contact List View - Duplicating A Contact Fails

Hi Shari,

Please can you confirm which menu option you are clicking on? You post says "New Contact" but your thread title indicates you're clicking "Duplicate Contact".

If you're doing the latter, please could you test doing the same thing in a different/new database and see if the issue occurs there too?
Copper Super Contributor

Sorry for the confusion it is when adding a new contact.   I just tried it on another database same issue. 

Only on one windows 10PC.  When in a list view no matter what database - going to contact new used to open a blank detail view now it just creates a blank list line item. I can get to the detail view by highlighting the list view line item and changing it to detail view.  

What setting has changed to create this please?  

Administrator

Hi Shari,

There is no setting to change this behaviour. The new contact should always open in detail view once you click "New Contact" to create it. If this is not happening, this indicates a problem somewhere.

Please can you confirm if the database is also being accessed by other PCs?
When you tried another database, was it a brand new one? If not, please could you try creating a brand new one to test with?
Do you have any third-party add ons installed for Act?
Copper Super Contributor

Please can you confirm if the database is also being accessed by other PCs?   It is 
When you tried another database, was it a brand new one? If not, please could you try creating a brand new one to test with? I tried the demo database - Ok on a new database it worked like it should on my active database it automatically starts in list view and doesn't open to my detailed contact as it once did

Do you have any third-party add ons installed for Act? The add ons I have is Act Swiftpage and Exponenciel purge history/notes and net phone enabler.

Solution
Accepted by topic author shari@sfadvance.com
‎06-14-2017 02:19 PM
Copper Super Contributor

The answer was found it was under tools/preferences /startup.   Apparently the startup perference was changed. 

Administrator

Hi Shari,

Please can you let us know exactly what setting you changed to resolve this issue?
Copper Super Contributor

Tools/ Preferences/Startup under startup view I changed it from contact list to contact