Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Fresh install of Act! Premium-upon start I have a pop up box with the word "go" in it. I click to close and ACT shuts down.

Fresh install of Act! Premium-upon start I have a pop up box with the word "go" in it. I click to close and ACT shuts down.

Fresh install on a windows 7 computer. Click on ACT and the program fires up, and I see this (see attached)ActError.JPG.

Once I click on the box to close, ACT shuts down.

Any thoughts? I tried renaming the sage.PEP.CLient.dll

sage.PEP.Environment.dll

sage.PEP.EnvironmentInteface.dll

added .old to all  and restarted.

Nothing.

Thoughts?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Fresh install of Act! Premium-upon start I have a pop up box with the word "go" in it. I click to close and ACT shuts down.

Employee

Re: Fresh install of Act! Premium-upon start I have a pop up box with the word "go" in it. I click to close and ACT shuts down.

This could be caused by remnants of a previous silent Install of ACT! 

Search the c:\ of the machine for a file ending ".si" and rename that to .siold

You may need to re-install the program after renaming that file 

Brand new machine...will do the search when able, thanks!!

Sorry, thought I included that. V18- new computer

There are 13 items in plugins:
AccountingLinkConversion.dll
Act.Devices.UI.Plugin.dll
Act.Interop.SHDocVw.dll
Act.Survey.Plugin.dll
Act.UI.InternetExplorer.Plugins.AttachFile.dll
Act.UI.InternetServices.Plugins.dll
ACTSPE2005.dll
Interop.CDO.dll
Interop.LinkDataWrapperLib.dll
Interop.SHDocVw.dll
Keyoti.RapidSpell.NET2.TXSupportv14.dll
Keyoti.RapidSpellMDict.dll
LinkDataWrapper.dll

Nothing ending in .si in the root.
Copper Contributor

Uninstall the Act program and Remove the Act files manually (If not installed, then just remove the Act files if any). Then try to install a fresh copy. It may work.

Employee

Sorry Senatormc

I had the file type wrong.

Try searching for SI.txt

Copper Contributor

Eddie,

Not able to find SI.txt. Could you please specify the file path.