Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Free upgrade for Licensinf Service Patch?

Copper Contributor

Free upgrade for Licensinf Service Patch?

Can anyone point me on where to access the free upgrade due to the loss of 3rd party licensing services? I am running Act v17. We do not actively use it as we migrated to a new solution, but I maintain a local copy of the "last day" of the database for reference and emergency backup. As such, I do not have a current Act partner to assist me.

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Free upgrade for Licensinf Service Patch?

Hello,

There is no patch for version 17 and older

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39193

In accordance with the Act! Support Obsolescence Policy, you are no longer eligible to receive critical updates and enhancements that ensure your product continues to run optimally.

As of January 1st, 2019, customers on Act! version 17 will no longer be able to:

• Install Act! on new machines
  • Re-activate Act! on existing machines
  • Modify your user count
  • Make key modifications to existing machines (eg. Motherboard swap, network card swap)

To ensure uninterrupted access to Act! in 2019, you must upgrade to the current version of Act! (v21) by December 31, 2018.

Carl Mag
-Act! Support

Growth made easy.
CRM & Marketing Automation built for small business success.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Mjmcpe,

If you are running Premium and you are just looking to maintain one user access for what is really just an archive, perhaps you could purchase one copy of Act! Pro and migrate the database to that.  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Contributor

Yes, that's pretty much what I am trying to accomplish. If I backup a Premium DB, can I restore it in Pro? Is there any risk of data loss?

Bronze Elite Contributor

There is a knowledgebase that covers the process, refer http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28079/kw/convert%20Premium%20to%20Pro 

If you maintain a known restorable backup (i.e. do a test restore of it to confirm you can restore it), the risk is very small.    

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Contributor

OK, thanks for that. Definitely was useful to know to go and change All limited access contacts. I might go this route. I just switched away from Act in April, and haven't had to access the db since June or so, so I am only doing it out of an abundance of caution.