Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Formatting a word template to look the same in a Email

Formatting a word template to look the same in a Email

My version: Act! Premium Version 18.2.53.0,

Hi My name is Brian. I a a salesperson for an environmental company. I have put together a bio in a word template that i would like to send to customers before going for site visits. When i Go to send it as an email however everything is misplaced. 

I Would like to know how i can set up the word template so its looks same in an email as it does in a word document. 

Thank you,

-Brian

Administrator

Re: Formatting a word template to look the same in a Email

Hi Brian,

How are you sending these Word templates? Are you using the Mail Merge or Write > E-mail Message (from template) features in Act!?

When it comes to designing templates for emailing, depending on the complexity of the email, I would recommend you create your template within Outlook, and when you're happy with the results, copy the contents and paste it into the Word template. This is suitable for simpler emails. You can also test how the template is likely to look by checking the Web Layout view in Word.

For more complex templates, I would suggest using an emarketing tool to build email templates and send the campaigns. Act! emarketing is built into Act! and can be used to send emails to 500 contacts each month for free.

Re: Formatting a word template to look the same in a Email

Thank you Gary this was very helpful,

I am using the write Write > E-mail Message (from template). I find this easier for quick emails to new customers. I was able to adjust the layout the way i wanted it to look in out look.

Thanks again!!