Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Form that captures data from my website and drops into my server? Is it possible?

Tuned Listener

Form that captures data from my website and drops into my server? Is it possible?

Does ACTfor Web 2008 Prem offer this? Is so where do I find the link to do this, etc.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Form that captures data from my website and drops into my server? Is it possible?

No, this is not a function of ACT! Prem for Web.

There are a number of addons that can do this... what is your web site written in? Do you have a current form or would you need to create one?

Tuned Listener

Re: Form that captures data from my website and drops into my server? Is it possible?

I would need to create one.

Are you a web developer? If so, what are your preferred tools?

Basically, there are a couple of different ways:

• Have a database on the web server and have a tool that reads this database and merges the data into the ACT! database
  • Have the Web form send the data via email and have a tool that reads the emails and merges the data into ACT!
Tuned Listener

I am not a web developer, but I could hire one if I needed to.

Yes, you'll need someone to create the web form .... then, depending on how it's created, you can use one of the pre-built tools to bring the data into ACT!

If you don't have a web guy, I know a few people who have used Jonathan from http://www.icatchit.com/ and are pretty happy. If you speak to him, let him know I said "hi".

Nickel Contributor

Im using a combination of a couple programs to do this for potential new projects.

Im using a free webform generator available at  www.emailmeform.com  and web prospect available at www.crmaddons.com

Depending on how much and what kind of information your looking to collect these may be worth looking into.

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA
Copper Super Contributor

I have a couple of clients using eMail-Lead Grabber Business (used to be called Web Response Grabber) from www.egrabber.com

Basically, the client goes to your web site and fills out a form. You have your web guy make it so that the form is e-mailed to a given e-mail address (you should probably set up a separate e-mail identity just for these type of e-mails). After you've installed and configured eMail-Lead Grabber, it knows to receive e-mails for the address you previously set up. It runs the text from the e-mail through a predefined filter and template and will then automatically enter into ACT!. You can even have it automatically schedule a task for an ACT! user and send a canned e-mail response back to the client.

Ron Madara, ACC, APT

BrainSell Technologies.
(201) 853-9317
Tuned Listener

I like what I see... http://www.egrabber.com/addressgrabbersuite/index.html is this it?
Nickel Contributor

The one your looking at is all manual. its great for web research and manually grabbing contact info and plugging into ACT to work on later. 

The one Rmadara is describing is here  http://www.egrabber.com/emailleadgrabber.html

It's a very powerful lead grabber that will interact with web form submissions and has some good automation features to it. A bit on the expensive side though. You can download it and use it for a trial period of 10 days or 100 emails whichever comes first.  Always nice to try before you buy.

Im using a suite of programs at www.crmaddons.com  caled Northwoods Automation Bundle. It's a combination of 3 programs, one of which is web prospect.  Thats a less expensive version of the emailleadgrabber above.  In fact, the entire bundle is less expensive than the above mentioned one and I think it ends up being more feature packed and versatile. You can download trials of these also to try out.

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA