Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Font Keeps Defaulting To Arial (Act Premium Web)

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Font Keeps Defaulting To Arial (Act Premium Web)

I have it set in the database to set the default font to MS Sans Serif 8pt.  However, when entering new activity histories and entering notes, it defaults to Arial each and every time.  I have to manually force it to use MS Sans Serif.  Is this a known issue/bug?

The problem is that now some users in my database aren't making the change prior to entering the notes so we have some with Arial, some with Sans Serif and it's looking quite messy.  Not sure why the browser is not using the set default font.  I'm using latest version of IE and Windows 10.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JagStyles
‎03-01-2016 08:16 AM
Administrator

Re: Font Keeps Defaulting To Arial (Act Premium Web)

Hi Jag,

We are aware of this issue. It's been logged as Defect D-03467.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi Jag,

We're aware of this issue. It's been logged as defect D-03998 with high priority.
Copper Contributor

Thanks Gary, appreciate your responses in these forums - you've been a great resource for all of us here. Any time frame as to when of these reported defects will be resolved/fixed?
Administrator

You're welcome Jag.

I don't have a time frame to share for this issue, but like I mentioned, it's a high priority.
Copper Contributor

Hi Gary,

Not sure if you're aware of this but not only is Act v18 Premium Web not using the set default font, but in Chrome, it won't allow me to change the font size when recording a new history.  Here's a screenshot:

screencapture.JPG

What you see is the pull down menu for the font size seems to have two (one on top of another).  Even though I try selecting "1" as the font size, it keeps defaulting to 7.  Also not sure why a font size of 1 is the right selection since it's not really representative of the actual font size.  I've been using a font size of "1" to mirror what the desktop version font size has been.

This font size issue only occurs in Chrome.  IE does allow me to set the font size but also suffers from not using the default font selected in preferences.

Thanks

Solution
Accepted by topic author JagStyles
‎03-01-2016 08:16 AM
Administrator

Hi Jag,

We are aware of this issue. It's been logged as Defect D-03467.
Copper Contributor

Great, thanks Gary. Hopefully all of these reported defects we've had over the past 2 weeks will get resolved soon. I noticed none of them were addressed in Hotfix 7.
Administrator

They are certainly in the queue.
Hotfixes are generally for critical defects.

Expect v18.1 to contain more fixes than a usual hotfix. I don't have a release date yet though I'm afraid.
Copper Contributor

Yet another defect not solved in v18.1? This is another biggie. We now have notes scattered across various contacts with different fonts because the team is not able to properly select font sizes and the default font size is not being used by default.
Administrator

Hi Jag,

Many of the outstanding issues were solved in v18.1. We focused on getting the higher priority issues cleared off the board to begin with, however there is still a backlog that we are continuing to work though and will address in future updates and software releases. This issue is still logged and under investigation.