Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Follow up tracking system

Tuned Listener

Follow up tracking system

weAddie add twenty to thirty new prospects a day to ACT.  I created a new drop flown for follow up, like, week 1 , week 2, etc. I do this so that I can send email templates to all of the people labeled a certain way to inquire about th estates of our quote.  One problem is that ACT templates don't include a subject, so I have to manually enter it.  I could have one huunderdog follow ups, so that is a problem.  Any ideas?

using version 2013 premium

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Follow up tracking system

Nickel Super Contributor

Uh, Smart Tasks will only work if you want a very generic e-mail message going out - you can't "mail merge" any fields in.

You'd be better off doing an e-mail blast with ACT! E-marketing.  The $14.95/month package will let you do up to 250 e-mails per day, so no problem sending 100 at once, and you'd benefit from seeing who opens, clicks, etc.

Cheers,

Len

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training

Nickel Super Contributor

Yeah it's a little funny that you can only do e-mail merge of contact info when using e-marketing and not in the regular e-mail Smart Task step.  I'd like to think that's not intentional to push people to use AEM.

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training

I can only think it's to do with running as a service and not being able to rely on being able to start Word.... which isn't on most servers, anyway

But they should have provided the option