Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Fixed one problem but now can't access old email

Fixed one problem but now can't access old email

Running ACT 2010 premium on windows 2003 server with Windows XP pro clients. I got a resolution of dependency error on one PC and followed the procedure below. It worked to get ACT 2010 premium running again on the client, but I can no longer access email before the dependency error. Email is working for new emails, and I can see the emailstore.mdf file being accessed by the time changes on the file. How do I gain access to the old emails that reside in this file?

04-19-2010 06:36 AM

Hello Nathan,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. In regards to the error message you are receiving after applying ACT! 2010 SP1 HF1, you may be able to resolve by manually removing your preferences file. Follow these steps:

•  After applying the SP1 HF1 update, close ACT! and all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
  • Open your Windows Task Manager, and under the Processes tab, end process for "Act.Outlook.Service.exe"
  •  Click on your Windows Start button. Type in the following command: %appdata% in the Search box in the lower left of the start menu.
  • This will open the Application Data folder. In this folder open the ACT folder.
  • In this folder you should see one or more folders named Act for Windows (version#), where "version#" is the current (or previous) versions of ACT! installed on this machine.
  • Rename this folder to "Act for WindowsOLD" (rename all if more than one)
  • Reboot your machine
  • Open ACT! and test

Greig Hollister

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Fixed one problem but now can't access old email

With the recreation of the Preference files, there is now a new identifier (within the email database) for your Internet Email account.  Since you have been using the new settings for @ 2 weeks, you now have emails assigned to 2 different identifiers.  To combine these 2 sets of emails you will need to contact the Act! Technical Support group (ph: 800-927-3989), they have a utility that can reassign the old emails to the new email setup files.

Greg Martin
Sage