Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Filtering records in a report - using a script?

Astute Commentator

Filtering records in a report - using a script?

We use ACT! Premium  2010.  I have created a new opportunities report using some custom fields, but I cannot find a way to filter out records based on one of my fields.  I have done a lookup of the opportunities that I want on the report - that works correctly, but when I run the report using the 'current lookup' it still brings all of the records into the report. 

It seems to me that the lookup filtering only works if the report is a contact report.  Is that correct?

Next I looked at the idea of using a script to filter out records that I don't want, but I cannot find any documentation indicating how I can tell the report to skip this record.  Can anyone please direct me to some such documentation?

Also, I expect that this script should be placed at the report detail level in the 'OnPrint' event.  Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks muchly!

Silver Contributor

Re: Filtering records in a report - using a script?

That is correct, you can not run an ACT Sales report against the current opportunity lookup. Crystal reports can be utilized to pull the current opportunity lookup wieh utilizing an addin called Crystal Clear provider.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Astute Commentator

Jon, thanks for the reply.  Can you advise with respect to the script?  I envisage something like:

"If O:xx <> "ABC" then <don't print this record>"

but what I don't know is how to tell the software to not print.

To simply "Exit" just allows it to continue and print.  I need a verb that tells it to forget this record and get the next one.

Thanks.

Silver Contributor

My choice would be to do this in crystal reports, more powerful with less scripting.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

That's your choice and that's fine. But I don't have Crystal and I'm not going to, so could someone please provide help with this so I can get my report finished? It's all I have to do!