Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Filtering entries by date and then states

Filtering entries by date and then states

Act Version 17

Windows version 7

In the Dynamic members of a selected group I am trying to filter the date entered and then to include multiple states from where the entry is from. I can get the criteria to filter the date and one state but once I add additional state I loose the date criteria. I have tried several ways starting with date or ending with date criteria with state criteria set as or because and does not work in Boolean math search method. Any suggestions? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Filtering entries by date and then states

This sounds like a problem how the equation elements are grouped and the order in which they are resolved. I would need to see the actual equation to offer any recommendation.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Employee

Are you able to provide a screenshot of the search criteria? 

Used Snipit to collect information in the attachment. I have tried the equation with "contains" also with no luck. Even re-arranged the equation but as soon as I add another "or" line the date filtering line does not work. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

You aren't grouping the states with parenthesis to control evaluation. Use parenthesis around the state lines to force them to be evaluated first.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

OK, got it. Yes, figured it out but not functioning as I would expect (Engineer familiar with Boolean math). As I learn how Act was developed I will be able to figure out how the programmers structured the program. I talent I learned from receiving software without manuals. The Act software has great manuals and user guides that lead me to the filtering.