Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Filter opportunity list when associating/sharing?

Copper Contributor

Filter opportunity list when associating/sharing?

When scheduling an activity, or entering a history item, you have the option to associate with a company, group, and/or opportunity. In Act 2013, when I view the opportunities list my only two columns are Opportunity Name and Record Manager. Is there any additional sorting or filtering that can be done, say to only show the active opportunities instead of the closed and inactive as well? Our list is getting quite bloated.

Nickel Contributor

Re: Filter opportunity list when associating/sharing?

As far as I'm aware this is hard coded and can't be changed it would be nice if you could filter them down by the status. You could start and try and make the oppo name start with something that could be unique to each oppo or start with the company name.

Copper Contributor

We do have each opportunity with a unique name (generally last name/company name and then a blurb about what it is). The problem we're running into is that we'll have 3 or 4 similar names because we've had multiple similar opportunities with the same contact or company.

Maybe we'll change the name of closed or inactive opportunities to begin with a "Z" or something so they're at the very bottom, but it is unfortunate if that's the best solution ACT has.

We are having the same issue.... have you found a solution over the past 2 years?

When we go to select an opportunity to associate with a scheduled item, the list is very long as it includes inactive opportunities, with similar names to current opportunities so at times the wrong opportunity (inactive) gets selected.  Any fixes?

Administrator

This has been suggested before in the Idea Exchange. If you like the idea, give it Kudos, comment and subscribe for any updates.

I'll pass on the comments in this thread to the product team.

Bronze Elite Contributor

The only fix I have for clients is to start each opportunity with a sequential UID number followed by any naming convention they want to use.